Chapter 18 : Rosemary Village

April 14th, X524 (10 PM)
Rosemary village, Eastern Region

       Rosemary village was a hidden village which existed for over fifty-five years. Being surrounded by the mountain ranges, the only way to the village was a secret tunnel which was built in the right-side of the mountain. In addition, the tunnel was protected by a magic barrier. The village was located in the eastern region in Fairy Tail Kingdom. It had nearly one hundred people, and none of them had gone outside the village. Of course, no outsiders were allowed to the village. All houses were built with bamboo, yet, they were classic and stylish.

        The night was peaceful, and a dark sky was decorated with a half-moon and many twinkling stars. Inside one of the bamboo houses, an unconscious scarlet-haired girl was lying on a bamboo mat. Her red and black battle suit was slightly worn, and her torn cape was folded neatly and placed beside her. Another girl, with long and straight dark-purple hair, wearing a pink kimono, was applying the herbal leaves to the former's wounds.

       Later, an old man, with long white hair which went down his back, wearing a long brown coat, came inside the cottage. He was Rob, the leader of Rosemary village, "How is the young lady?" He asked.

"Master, I've applied medicine to her twice," Kagura Mikazuchi, the girl in kimono, replied politely, as she stood up. "Master - I just broke the village's rule today, I brought her to the village. Why-"

"Why don't I punish you? I will if you rescue another person," Rob answered before looking at the unconscious girl, "I've my reasons. Tell me when she wakes up."

"Yes, master."

• • • • •

April 15th, X524 (2 PM)
Crown Prince Jellal's Manor, Magnolia

"Jellal-sama, Erza-san fell from the bridge," Bisca said with a weak voice, as tears continued to fall and her sobs echoed in the silent room. Her long green hair was messy, there were small cuts on her forehead and arms. Dust covered her battle suit.

"What did you just say?"

"After delivering the supplies to GoldBridge Town, we left the town. We were crossing the Gold Bridge, and Five people attacked us suddenly. Erza-san requipped her Heaven's Wheels. She was about to launch an attack, but she stopped... like she was under control. One of these people cast a spell, and it hit Erza-san. We couldn't catch her in time... and Erza-san... she fell," the guns mage explained through her sobs, "We searched her along the river but we couldn't find her. So I came to Magnolia immediately, and Sho-san left behind to continue his search."

"I have to go there now," Jellal said in a panic, grabbing his cloak which was hanging on the robe hook, as he prepared to leave. "Second Royal Brother, please wait for a minute. I ask Carla to bring First Royal Brother and Lucy-neechan." Wendy, who had been standing behind the door, stopped her brother as she looked at him with her teary eyes.

"Bisca-chan, let me heal your wound first." The blue-haired girl rushed to the city guard's side and cast a healing spell.

• • • • •

"What happened to Erza-san?" Lucy asked worried, as soon as she entered the room. Laxus, Sparky and Carla were behind her. Carla was a white female exceed, who always wore stylish clothes, and she could foresee the future although her precognition appeared only when someone she cared for would be in danger.

"Erza-neechan fell from the bridge," the sky maiden answered while healing the injured guns mage.

"We have to find Erza now. Where's GoldBridge?"

"Straight East from Magnolia. It took a day travelling with my horse's highest speed."

"Wait till tonight," Laxus replied, "We'll leave Magnolia tonight silently. Besides, three of us ain't enough people. We don't know which dark guild attacked Erza."