Chapter 8

I sat on the ledge of the building, the sky was darkening all that was heard were the busy streets oh New York, city that never sleeps they were damn right. I looked around trying to find the perfect target, needed to practice my aim it's been awhile, I promised to use my gun when it was most needed, fuck that. I haven't heard from Envy in awhile it's been almost a week and Lilith well who the fuck cares about her anyways. 

"She has awaken you know that right?" Light came forth from the shadows

"Yeah I know..."

"So what are you going to do about it?"

I didn't say anything.

"Dante...what are you going to do about it?"

"I don't fucking know Light..."

"You know Seraphiel can't keep doing this right? He's getting weak."

"What do you mean?"

"Look just find a way to stop it ok?"

"Fine..."

He disappeared, damn those angels, I just hope I don't get caught...My wings opened as I took flight into the night sky.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My alarm clock woke me up, it was Friday morning I was still tired and my head was killing me. It's been a week since my heart attack, they still can't find the cause of it I told them not to even bother. Matt has been taking care of me all week, he sometimes would as for the day off, he also canceled the trip to San Francisco...for me. He shouldn't have, I could've taken care of myself. Why does he have to be prince charming?! Why am I so angry all the time?!

The doorbell rang.

"Who is it?"

"It's us."

I opened the door, the lights started to flicker.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Nothing, we just wanted to check up on you, how's our girl?" Miranda pinches my cheek

"Doing better then before." I fanned her hand away

"Well you look better then before, but your still ugly." Willow laughed

I laughed it was good seeing them, we spent the day talking they waited until I got ready to go out. It was a nice day to go out, I had to ask Matt if I can go out, ugh, he said ok why must I even ask?!

"So how's Matt been treating you?" Alyssa asked

"He's been doing good, he's been taking care of me all week..." I looked away

"What's wrong hun?"

"It's just... that I can take care of myself, he let down an offering in California because of me!"

"Hun calm down."

"I can't, he should've gone instead of worrying about me..." Tears started to form 

"Olivia he loves you, that's why he stayed here." She hugged me

"What?..."

"He loves you but more then a friend you mean the world to him."

"How..how do you know that?" 

"The way he was at the hospital, the way that he cares he doesn't have to say it because we know."

Tears streamed down my cheek, why couldn't he tell me all this? I guess what he was doing was a way he was showing how he felt about me. I whiped my tears...I made a promise that I wouldn't fall in love with a mortal and I broke that promise. I fell for him...We spent the day shopping, I felt a little sick but I was ok, night fell quickly and the streets were getting less crowded just the way I like them. A little girl was crying at the corner of the street cause her ice cream fell, I couldn't help but giggle at this a bit.