34. Officially Engaged.

"Grace, where are we going?" For the third time, I questioned agonizingly; it was 4:00 p.m., and all I wanted to do was go home and find myself on top of Kristrin.

My hormones were still raging, and he was my one ray of hope.

"I didn't want to upset you since you're the mother of his child, but I couldn't let this go on much longer without saying something." Grace sighed deeply as she gazed up at the sun.

Why would she aim to give me a heart attack by beginning with such a sentence?

"I know you're not going to say anything negative about Kristrin, but whatever it is, you must've misunderstood him because I'm confident that my man isn't doing anything he shouldn't be." I promptly made amends.

I had complete faith in Kristrin, and I was confident that my lover would not do something stupid. I put my complete trust in him.

Grace's face lit up with a smile "Although I'm delighted to hear you say you trust him, that's not the real reason you're here today; you see, the others have planned a baby shower for you. I couldn't get you lovely and dressed up without you knowing." She elaborated.

"They are?" I was taken aback, but I felt something was wrong when Kristrin forced me to leave the house without asking or saying anything, and the presence of Steff and Kyle added to my suspicions.

"They certainly are." Grace said yes.

"Well thank you for being so considerate as to letting me know." I informed her smiling.

I appreciate you informing me." I smiled as I told her.

A baby shower.

I was looking forward to seeing what Kristrin had for our daughter's baby shower. I haven't had the time to dress up in a long while. I was also looking forward to all the present for my girl.

"He also insisted on you not wearing anything revealing." Grace has been included.

"Have they been planning this for a long time?" Grace took my hand in hers and brought me to a hair and nail salon.

"A month or so."

"And I'm guessing everyone except me knew about it?"

"That is correct." Grace replied casually.

Except for my outfit, which Grace chose, I decided to follow each of her instructions and get my hair and nails done. I was dressed into a long slender dress with sleeves, that stuck to my skin with a high slit to the side.

It was already 6:30pm when we finished, and Grace decided it was time to go home, which I appreciated.

But instead of driving me to my house, Grace stopped at Bernardin, a restaurant and bar where Kristrin took me for the first time in high school. I looked at Grace, puzzled as to why we were here.

A baby shower in a high-end bar or restaurant?

"Wasn't it supposed to be my home?" Grace merely smiled as she got out of the car and walked over to my side to assist me.

We were promptly ushered to a separate area of the restaurant upon entering the restaurant and bar, and I was astonished the hostess recognized us.

I walked into a private lounge a few seconds later, absolutely surprised to find my mother and father, Antonio, Kristrin's parents, the twins, Steff, Kyle, Olivia, Charlotte, and everyone else I knew except Kristrin.

I pretended to be astonished so as not to reveal that I knew everything. As I greeted everyone, Grace went to Steff and my eyes scoured the room for Kristrin.

Kyle and Steff, the twins, couldn't stop grinning, and neither could I.

However, anytime I mentioned the word "baby shower," they gave me an uncomfortable look before swiftly changing their expressions.

What astonished me was that the atmosphere of the room didn't scream baby shower, and there were no gifts, but there were banners and TVs with Kristrin and my portrait on them.

"Where's....." I was distracted when I saw Kristrin emerge from the crowd.

He was dressed elegantly in a black suit. I smiled as I turned to face Grace and Steff, who were both cheering me on. I knew there was no way this could've been a baby shower now.

"Kristrin, what's going on here?" As he came to a halt in front of me, I muttered.

Kristrin then took my left hand in his and kneeled down, and I knew what was about to happen. My own engagement celebration was taking place.

"Oh my god." I covered my mouth with my right palm as I gasped in astonishment.

I observed his pride-filled eyes as he looked up at me.

"All this while you have been my princess. But now I want to make you my queen. Through the years we have faced obstacles, some harder than others, that have helped us build the strong foundation of our relationship. It has shown me your unwavering love, constant support, and silent strength. I promise to encourage you to follow your dreams. I promise to continue to challenge you to be the best version of yourself. I promise to make you laugh, when you're taking life too seriously. I promise to love you unconditionally. I promise to put you first and never lose our spark. Our journey as a family has only just begun and I can't wait to see what the future holds for us. Bella, you are the person I choose to spend forever with, as my true soulmate. I choose you then, I choose you today, and I will continue choosing you forever." Kristrin paused taking out a small black jewelry box from his jacket before continuing.

"Annabella Bree Walker, will you do me...." Before he could finish, I yanked him up and joyously clung to his chest.

"Yes! Yes! Yes I'll happily marry you!" I kissed him after he placed the ring on my finger.

I had no idea I was crying until he wiped my tears away. I could hear everyone celebrating in the background, especially Marco and Steff, who cheered quite loudly, but I ignored them and focused on my fiance.

Then it dawned on me: I was Kristrin's fiancee, and Kristrin was my fiance!