41. Baby shower.

Before getting into my car, I muttered a few curse words. This was the first time I had left work without Kristrin.

Kristrin wasn't at his office, and I couldn't reach him on the phone. He hadn't informed me of his plans. Despite the fact that he despised the idea of me driving, here I was, set to drive home...alone.

I waited half an hour after my shift but he didn't show up and others have explained he had left before his shift ended.

He was going to get it one way or another.

When I heard my phone ring, I eagerly looked for it in my bag and saw that it was Kristrin who was calling; I smiled forgetting about my small quarrel.

"What? Changed your mind about me driving alone especially this late at night?" I smugly spoke only to frown after hearing what he had to say.

"No I have all faith that you'll reach safely home. I just need you to go to the supermarket and pick up a few items." My mouth fell agape.

"What?! And, more importantly, where are you? Why didn't you say anything to me before you left?" I hoped he'd change his mind and we'd be able to go to the store together or another day to acquire anything he needed.

"I had a situation that required immediate attention. Baby girl, I'll tell you everything later. I'll see you when I get home." I cursed a few profanities as I drove to the store after he hung up the phone.

We weren't even short on food......but then again how would I know that if Kristrin wouldn't allow me go near the kitchen?

I'd been spoiled to the point where I didn't even know what I wasn't doing. I was now fully reliant on Kristrin for everything, which was not a good thing.

But that's not my fault; Kristrin was the one who limited my movements since he wanted to do it himself.

I mumbled profanities the entire time I was picking up groceries till I got home half an hour later. All I hoped was that my daughter didn't hear anything I had to say.

I mumbled a few profanities as I opened the entrance to my house and turned on the lights. I turned away from the door to find everyone, including Kristrin, inside my house.

Kristrin appeared amused, however the twins made no attempt to hide their delight at what had just occurred, as they were anxious to laugh.

Some of the guests' mouths were gaping open, while others expressed astonishment in an odd way.

My mother stood there clutching Antonio's ears, and I mentally slapped myself.

I examined the banner, which read "baby shower," as well as a stack of gifts on a neighboring table.

"What a lovely surprise!" I tried to divert everyone's attention away from my colorful statements just now.

Kristrin approached me and said a few words before everyone resumed their conversation. I waved my guilt-ridden hands to my parents and brother, as well as Kristrin's parents and sister.

"I can't believe you threw me a surprise baby shower without telling me." I spoke up, but then realize what I had just said made no sense.

"Well, it wouldn't surprise you if you knew about it, would it Bella?"

"So allowing me to go to the grocery to acquire food was just a ruse to get here before me?" I inquired.

"They actually required a few more minutes because a few of your surprise guests were not present." I hugged Kristrin right away, feeling much better than I had been an hour ago.

"I apologize for calling you a turd and a fool. I'm guessing it's due to my hormones?" Rather than apologizing, I questioned myself.

"Anna, you certainly know how to make an impression. I was going to get my revenge after the act you played with my girlfriend, but after hearing your most beautiful words said in front of everyone, I'd say I've already gotten it. Have a happy baby shower princess!" Maurice grabbed my jaw and pinched it but not before voicing how pinchable they looked.

"Steff would've been blown away by how far you've come on Kristrin with those lovely words. Thankfully, I have a copy of it on tape." Marco mocked me by hugging me tightly.

"First and foremost, my ramblings were due to my hormones, and second, I assumed you guys would appreciate my gifts to you, but I guess being ungrateful these days is the new thing." Before hugging Kyle, I humorously defended myself.

"We'll have a small chat about your language, young woman, even if you're old enough to know better and not be spoken to like a child." My mother spoke to me in hushed tones before walking away.

The smack that I was going to get from her I was not prepared for.

As he wined, I gave my brother a tight hug before turning to Kristrin's parents and sister and hugging them as well.

Then there were Olivia and Charlotte, as well as Kristrin's grandparents and mine. Steffon and Grace were the only ones who didn't attend my baby shower because they were still on their honeymoon.

But if I knew my two besties well enough then I knew my presents were going to be

After the guests touchy and feely moment with my stomach they decided to play a few games before I opened my presents.

"Don't you think I should shower or change or something before..." Kristrin cut me off before I could finish.

"You're perfectly fine Bella." Kristrin gave me a reassuring kiss on the forehead.

"Ok." I sighed and agreed to a few games before opening a few gifts.

"I'd like to show you something, Bella," Kristrin muttered in my ear as she drew me away from the crowd.

"What is it?" I eagerly inquired, certain that it had to be something excellent.

"It's your Baby shower surprise." He admitted kissing my lips.

Kristrin directed me to a door. A door I hadn't been able to open in over a month now. I had a strong suspicion about what was going on behind it, and I was overjoyed to finally witness it.

As Kristrin gently opened the door, my impatience grew with each passing second. He quickly flung the door wide, displaying what was on the other side.

"Oh my god, Kristrin, it's beautiful!" Looking at my baby girl's basic yet lovely pink nursery with her crib, I grinned on the edge of tears.

Kristrin's hands wrapped me from behind, his hand resting on my stomach. The overwhelming sensation of him holding me from behind while I gazed into our baby's room was too much for me to bear, and tears streamed down my cheeks.

"Kristrin, thank you for making me so happy. I wouldn't exchange you for a billion dollars; you are my entire world." He wiped my tears when I turned to face him.

Kristrin cemented his love for me with another passionate kiss as he wiped away my tears.