45. Those precious moments.

"Ok, let me repeat the rules: no whining, no telling me what to do, don't tell me what's best for me, all attention and spotlight must be focused on me, and finally, I need your support since today is my day." I advised my dearest friends and Mom about the guidelines.

"Ok." They all nodded except Mom, who I couldn't tell what to do because she had a habit of hitting me upside the head anytime I passed my place or did something wrong, despite the fact that I was far past the age of smacking.

It was a bummer, because any smacking should have been reserved for my fiance and my ass.

My parents and elders were people I admired and respected much.

We went into the bridal boutique and examined at the outfits I liked.

"I'm indecisive." I spoke up since I couldn't find any that I liked, but before anyone could respond, a sales representative appeared.

"Do you require any assistance in the selection of a gown?" She questioned smiling brightly at us.

I replied, "Yes, absolutely."

"Let me see if I can help, do you have any preferences Miss..?"

"Miss Walker, and yes, I do adore mermaid-style laced, porcelain white wedding gowns with the sweetheart necklines, preferably with sleeves and glistening with diamonds, as well as anything open back. I was hoping for something along the lines of beautiful, wow, or princessy." I exclaimed, and everyone in the room except my Mom turned around to face me.

"What? Since I was a baby, I've been anticipating this day for numerous years." I simply shrugged.

"So true." I Mom murmured unsurprised.

"And do you have a budget?" With a smile on her face, the saleswoman inquired.

"Yes, ninety thousand dollars....euro," Everyone, including the saleswoman, turned to stare at me with their mouths gaping.

"Are you sure that's for the dress or the wedding as a whole?" Olivia let out a gasp.

"Even for the wedding, it would be prohibitively expensive." Charlotte added her two cents.

"I've been planning this moment for a long time, and I told Kristrin that I wanted a snow white or garden wedding, and he agreed. Apart from my employment, my fiance works two high-paying hourly jobs, so I'm tempted to purchase whatever I want." As the saleswoman went in search of the dresses, I left no space for disagreement.

"And Kristrin lavishly spoils you this much?" Mom inquired, and it was now my turn to open my lips wide.

"You should be on my side, and what good does it do me to have money if I can't use it?" On my day, I murmured, I felt belittled.

"Anna has a point; I wish I had a partner who was willing to spend $90,000 on me." Grace spoke up, and we all turned to face her.

"It's odd you should mention Grace because I don't recall your wedding gown having a budget." I recalled how much Steff spoiled her.

"Steffon understands I'm not a big spender," She countered with a retort.

"And what if you were a huge spender? Would Steff had stopped you from buying an expensive dress costing ninety thousand dollars....euro?" I questioned.

Grace paused for a moment before responding, "Point taken, but I'm genuinely on your side, Anna."

"I recall the exact moment I asked Kristrin for a snow white wedding and he said, and I quote, you deserve the world, anything you want you can have baby girl.....I remember jumping with joy after he said such words and then I went back to smack him and let him know never to say those words to our daughter because I don't want any spoiled or entitled baby's." I nodded my head proudly as Mom took a call from Dad.

I was indeed an exceptional mother.

"So you basically turned around and slapped the man that said you could get the world?" Charlotte voiced.

"It was in defense of my baby." I mentioned the fundamental reason for doing so.

"I can see why the twins worry we'll rub off on you and cause them problems." Charlotte raised her voice.

"Anna exemplified why men complain that women are perplexing." Grace chimed in with her two cents.

"What exactly are you implying?" Offended, I let out a gasp.

"It means we need to start taking lessons." Olivia spoke as Charlotte nodded.

"Clearly we're too calmed and reserved as they want us to be." Charlotte's statement drew a nod of agreement from me.

"Exactly."

"But don't you ever get reprimanded?" Olivia gave a sly grin.

"That's what's so great about it. Grace has been regularly scolded for her bad ways in bed since Grace and I slipped away a few months ago to party, and I was the one who made her have that type of relationship with Steffon." They both awed as I winked.

"They prefer good girls who are good enough to cause trouble so that they can repair it in bed, but never let them know that we are aware of this." I was honest with them.

"Are you all set to try on your gowns, Anna?" After conversing with dad, Mom was perplexed.

"I am," I leapt to my feet, eager to try on the clothes that the saleswoman had chosen for me.

She had selected eleven stunning dresses for me to try on. I was certain that one of my bridal gowns was in the batch. Just thinking about trying on the dresses gave me goosebumps.

I'd gone through all of the dresses and given them all a rating. There were four dresses that we thought were particularly beautiful, but one in particular attracted our eye.

That was a shimmering diamond studded porcelain white mermaid laced dress that clung to my body yet was frilled at the bottom with sleeves. It was flawless and exactly what I mean when I say absolutely beautiful. It was just what I was looking for.

"Perfect!" I glowed.

"Kristrin is going to love it!" Grace screamed as they all videotaped everything; I, too, wanted all of the little moments captured so that Raine, Kristrin, and I could watch it all together later.

Kristrin wanted to marry right after I gave birth, and it had been two months after I had given birth, so it was the ideal moment to tie the knot, even I wanted to marry right away.

I'd been planning it for seventy-five years. At the age of twelve, I should have been married. Only God knows why it took Kristrin so long to figure out what his priorities were!

I laughed as I mentally rolled my eyes for exaggerating things; after all, I was only twenty-three years old!

I grinned as everything seemed to be falling into place perfectly, with a beautiful baby girl and a soon-to-be-adoring husband.

Kristrin, my Kristrin.