.lover's best friend. ♡

!TW!: SUICIDE!

You sat in the cab, pondering about what Eugene said to you. Was he truly sorry? Did he love you as he repeated to you or was it just the heat of the moment? The cab driver notices the tension, "Miss? You alright back there?" She looks up into the rearview mirror. "Hmm? Oh, yes... Just thinking." You continue to look out the window.

"I've seen couples like you two. You sleep together and then leave, not talking to each other until fate brings you both together." I don't think she knows that a criminal is madly in love with me and has family issues. "I guess." You respond by wanting to change the subject. "I honestly think-" You nod and block her out while she drives you home.

Putting your hands in your sweater pockets, you pull out the card Lucas gave you, never had taken it out. "Can you take me here? And if it costs more, I'll pay you however much it costs you." You lean into the front seat. "Don't worry it won't cost you anything." She smiles. You thank her and she makes a U-turn and drives towards Lucas' place.

You wave to the cab driver and start to walk to the gated area. You push the buzzer and wait, and wait, and wait. You push it once more. Suddenly Lucas answers, "What do you want?" He says with an attitude. "Hey, Lucas." You say with a hint of sadness in your voice. "Oh! Hey, Kid! Come right on in." A loud buzz comes from the gate and it starts to open. "Hey, there Y/N." Apollo sits on the porch with Maria. "Hey, you two." 

You continue into the home. "How's my favorite person?" Lucas smiles as he sits on a barstool. "Well... your favorite person is feeling confused because of your other favorite person." You let your purse fall to the ground. His face turns into a concerned look and he continues to listen to you.

"He poured his true feelings out and then left me, and called me a cab." He pinches the bridge of his nose and sighs, "This isn't the first time this has happened." Lucas gets up and gestures to follow him.

" Lucas gets up and gestures to follow him

"Whenever Eugene was... about 17 and he was dating this girl."  Lucas continues to walk with you around the garden. "Her name was Esther and they were like head over heels for each other, you know how teenagers are, much like Apollo and Maria. Shit! She's the one who got him hooked on those cigarettes." He slightly laughs.

"Uh- We were running in the streets, I had a silver spoon in my mouth but I was so tired of being perfect... Anyways, Esther was killed in a shootout we had whenever we were running from the cops. We were in a jail cell together whenever her father came and heard the news from the cops, his cries haunted both of us, he'd lost his wife and now he lost his only child."

Lucas sits on the grass and you join him. "Her father was really distraught about what happened and he ended up, killing himself. He put Eugene in his note and the police read the note to him, and it wasn't the same for him anymore.

"I'm guessing this is why he doesn't want me to be around anymore." You sigh. Lucas turns to you, makes eye contact with you, and continues to speak. "He does want you to be around...kid. It's just that he doesn't want you to be hurt or be killed, he realized he put you in danger." Lucas gives a small smile. You sigh once again, "Listen, it could end two ways. He could come back to you and you'll work everything out.. or he doesn't want to have anything to do with you and treats you like a stranger." Lucas laughs.

You awkwardly laugh and he looks back at the garden. He looks right back at you, his eyes slowly looking at your lips then back at your eyes, he leans in closer and closer finally making contact with your lips.

Shocked but you don't pull away. Lucas cups your face and brings you closer. Things start to get heated, he pulls you onto his lap, making you straddle him and you guys continue to kiss each other passionately, you start to grind against his lap. I really am a whore. He realizes what he's doing, 'Am I really gonna sleep with my best friend's girl?' His eyes open as he pulls away, "I- Uh- God. Eugene's gonna break more than my arm." Lucas laughs and you burst out with laughter.

"What's so funny?" He sits up and watches you. "I just kissed you! I can't believe it, I kissed you! Lucas!" You say out of breath. "And?" He waits. "Your best friend... Literally took me on his kitchen counter and yelled that he loved me, repeatedly! And I sat here and kissed you! I really am a whore, I haven't changed." Your laughs slowly turn into disgust. Lucas watches as your expressions change, "We don't have to tell him, hm?" Lucas gets up and reaches out his hand. "What he doesn't know won't kill him." You smile and head back inside with Lucas.

"I have a good idea." Lucas smiles and grabs his car keys. You tilt your head and follow him, "You remember the first party you went to with Eugene?" Lucas turns to you while in the driver's seat. "The masquerade party... Why?" You tilt your head once again. "We're gonna throw one but not in an illegal speakeasy but at my house!" He smiles. "I- I don't think he wants to see me, I'd rather crawl in a hole and die." You slump into your seat. "Kid! It's Eugene we're talking about and he hasn't missed a party. He'll be probably happy to see you.

"Now, kid, I'm taking you shopping." Lucas starts the car.