.nice to meet the Mrs. ♡

Eugene opens his eyes slowly and looks around, he sways back and forth as he stands up, and he stumbles to get to the door. As he gets to it and he pulls it but it doesn't open. "They put me in that fucking asylum." He scoffs. "I don't belong here, not with these kinds of people." He sighs. His door buzzes and a nurse comes in, "Mr. Everett? Ms. Tims would like to speak with you." She holds the door for him, he follows her and looks around. Eugene decides to start running towards an exit but security catches him, he also decides to fight back. 

"Fuck." Eugene sits in the office, handcuffed. "Mr. Everett, we're just trying to help you." Ms. Tims sits down. "Gee, I sure love it here, with my nice hard bed and the empty room." He states with a sarcastic tone. "Listen, we're trying to help you. You'll be stuck here if you don't cooperate, so play nice." He scoffs and slumps into his seat. 

A MONTH LATER

"You're still handcuffed?" You hold his hand. 'Yep, they said I'll punch a guard again or I'll try to escape." He smokes a cigarette. "Do you know when they'll release you?" You look around at the other people who were visiting their loved ones. He shrugs, "They said until I pass all my tests... I've failed three times already, I'll never get out." He sighs and flicks the ashes into the ashtray. "Visiting hours are about to end! Say your goodbyes and have a good night!" A nurse yells. "You can do it, I believe in you. Come back to me soon, I love you." You kiss him and his handcuffed hands hold your face, "I love you too, sweetheart." He smiles as you walk away. "Everett! Let's go!" The nurse yells. "I'm coming, I was just saying goodbye to your mother!" Eugene laughs as he goes to his room. 

"Yes, I did take my medicine." He looks at Ms. Tims. "You better because those tests are coming up in a few days and I want to see you make progress, Eugene." She watches him smoke a cigarette. "Okay, okay." He takes the medicine out of his pocket and takes them. "If you keep this up, I'll have someone watch you take them." She points as she talks. "I will start taking them." Eugene prepares to be walked back to his room, "You better, Everett!" Ms. Tims yells from her office. He waves as he's leaving her office. "How's your mom been, Bill?" Eugene smiles as they walk together. "My mom is happily married, Everett." "Awe, that's too bad." He goes into his room, watching as Bill takes the handcuffs off. 

Eugene sits at the table in his room and writes in a journal, "Everett! You have a visitor." Bill knocks and opens the door, he puts the handcuffs back on and walks with Bill. Eugene smiles as he couldn't wait to see you, the door buzzes and he walks to the only table with a person at it. "Hello, Eugene." She turns around. His heart sank, "Ah, Mrs. Edie Pierce! I'm so happy you came and-" He puts on a front. "Cut the shit, Eugene. You know who I am, I've seen the way you looked at me whenever I come in the morning to bring Henry coffee." She places her hands on the table. "Well, look what the cat dragged in. Esther." Eugene sits down. "The one and only." Esther lights a cigarette. 

"I'm hoping you're paying for my therapy." Eugene stares at her. "You wish." She blows the smoke out of her mouth. "Why are you here?" His palms sweat as he places them on his thighs. "To tell you that no one will ever fucking believe you, you think that someone who 'died' 2-3 years ago has come back from the dead, and is now married to one of the richest men in the whole state. I don't think so." Esther taunts him. "You put me through hell, Esther. You know how much I loved you and all you did was play with my god damn head!" His voice raises. "I didn't love you anymore so I had to find a way out. I did get shot, my luck I guess but I never died." She puts out her cigarette. 

"How?" Eugene squints his eyes. "I survived. I was in the hospital for a while and once I heard that my dad killed himself and you two were in jail, I decided to put the life of the two star-crossed lovers behind me and finished school. Became a lawyer and married someone my dad always wanted me to marry," "Henry Pierce." You say in unison. "That fucking rich piece of-" "Uh- He's still my husband." She taps her fingernails on the table. "So, I was just trash to you! I meant nothing to you! And you moved on so quickly!" Eugene starts to get out of hand. "I really did love you! You put me in this place, it's all your fault!" Bill quickly holds him by the arm and takes him out of the room. Esther watches as Eugene was taken away, yelling at her. 

A FEW WEEKS LATER

"You passed the tests with flying colors, Eugene! I'm so proud of you." Ms. Tims shows him his results. "I'm glad to say I'm a changed man, Ms. Tims." He folds his arms, the handcuffs off of him. "You'll be discharged in a couple of days, we'll have someone pick you up. So, what made you change?" She takes notes. "A certain someone came to visit me and I was talking to them, it made me want to get out of here, and go see them." He smiles. "While I'm happy to hear that, you may head back to your room, and we'll meet again tomorrow." She waves to him as he leaves her office. 

DISCHARGE DAY! 

"Eugene!" You run up to him and he catches you as you hug him. "Sweetheart! I missed you so much!" He pulls away and looks at you. "We have to go out for dinner, I'm so proud!" You kiss him and he deepens the kiss. "Dinner sounds great," Eugene says softly.