.esther. ♡

TW!!

TW!!

"What's the point?" Eugene sniffles and takes another gulp. He stumbles as he gets up, taking his time as he tries to climb the stairs. Eugene makes his way up the stairs and swings open the front door, "Esther! Do you think you could leave me?" He shouts drunkenly. Leaving the door open, he starts to walk into the rain. As he continued to walk, the rain became stronger and stronger. His hair sticks to his face, and his shirt clings to his body. He continues walking, almost tripping over his feet. "What am I doing?" Eugene scratches his head and continues to make it to the bridge. He sees her everywhere. "Esther..."

His reflection in a shop window is with him and her beside him. He continues throughout the town, and he hears her voice in his ears. Eugene throws the bottle into a nearby alley and lights a cigarette. And he slowly makes it to the bridge and watches as the cars pass him. He slowly makes his way to the bridge and looks down as he brings his head back up to see Esther standing on the edge of the bridge?

Eugene slowly approaches her. "E, don't jump." He reaches out to her. He watches her fall off the bridge, "ESTHER!" Eugene immediately jumps after her. Eugene was far off the rails, his mind playing tricks on him. If he only knew that his 'Esther' was only a bird.

He felt his world crumble to the ground again, and it was like it was slow motion for him, falling off that bridge. As he was falling, he looked at the bird that flew above him, and as fast as the bird flew away, he hit the water, going unconscious from the impact.

Many people saw him jump off the bridge and called 911, and you took a walk like a concerned parent looking for him everywhere. You haven't seen him since his birthday. Now you were the one smoking his cigarettes, "These are disgusting." You put them back into the jacket pocket, sighing. You sit down on a shop step and hold your head in your hands.

"It's just Esther this, Esther that. I love you, and I hate you. He needs to make up his mind. " You mumble to yourself. Sitting there, you think about what you're going to do next in this relationship until there's a firetruck that passes you along with an ambulance, then more pass you. "What the-" You follow them, wanting to know what was happening.

Nearby you could hear a few radio chatter, 'body', 'river', 'unconscious', 'dead', 'alive', 'male'. Walking up to the police tape and stopping, waiting to see what was going on, you observe the paramedics pulling the body out of the water and watching as they rush to get the male onto the stretcher.

In shock, you've never seen someone so pale and almost blue. As they rush past you, you catch a glimpse of the male and see it is Eugene. Your eyes widen, quickly pushing past people and running towards the paramedics. "Ma'am, back up, please!" The paramedics do CPR and give him oxygen.

"I know him, he's my boyfriend!" You hold back tears and walk with them. "In the ambulance!" They quickly get him in and let you sit in the front while the other paramedics work on him. Sniffling, you try to ignore the chaos in the back. "Oh my god." Your voice breaks.

Getting to the hospital, you all quickly rush out of the ambulance, and they rush him into the emergency room. You hold his hand tightly and run with them, looking at him and observing his dull features. You stop in your tracks and let them whisk him away, and everything stops for you. "He's dead." The words fell from your mouth, and you sat in the hallway next to the room where everyone gathered around, trying to make his heart continue its pace.

Your cries mixed with the sounds of rushing feet and people communicating with each other makes your ears ring. 'Tell me he's okay.' 'He's dead.' 'It's over.' Thoughts went through your head and you wait for hours in that hospital, nobody telling you anything.

You called Lucas, and he brought along Apollo and Maria. "They found him in the river." You quietly say, barely making words. Maria slowly sits next to you, her big belly in the way, and wraps her arms around you, once feeling what you're going through right now.

Lucas keeps his eyes on the door, waiting for them to come out and tell them anything about his wellbeing. "He's my brother! I should know if he's alive or not!" Apollo shouts at the lady at the front desk. "What's his name?" The receptionist clicks her nails on the keyboard. "He's in that room right there!" He points towards the closed door. Apollo's breaths become heavier and heavier, "I can't live without him, please miss." His head falls onto the desk.

Lucas places his hand on Apollo's shoulder and brings him into a hug, "It's going to be alright." Lucas's eyebrows furrow together and he blinks his eyes constantly.

A doctor walks up to your group, takes off his gloves, and looks toward you all, "Are you with that young man?" "Yes." Lucas only responds. "This way please." He guides your group into the room and your eyes lie on his body, his cheeks blush pink but his face pale, an oxygen tube in his nose, and his body covered with wires.

"He's lucky to be alive, a few more minutes and he would've died," The doctor explains and you all look at each other. "We want him here for a few weeks so he could recover... I'll let you have some time alone." The doctor leaves and you slowly walk toward him. "Eugene..." You sit down next to him and hold his hand. Maria holds Apollo as he cries into her shoulder, Lucas places his hands on your shoulders and stands above you, watching his best friend fight for his life.

"This isn't fair." Apollo whispers. You look up at him, "This isn't fucking fair, not fair!" His voice becomes louder. "I'll have no one left! You can't fucking leave me!" Apollo sobs. Tears fall from your eyes, you get up and rush out of the room with Apollo, hand in hand.

"Get the fuck off of me!" Apollo shouts. The night quiet but you and him outside. "Just fucking listen to me! I can't do this shit anymore, your brother is mentally ill!" You shout back.

"Don't you talk about my brother like that!" He snatches his arm away from you and shifts away from you. "You have no right to talk about him like that! You're probably the reason he jumped off that bridge!" Apollo yells at you.

Taken aback, it was like your heart broke into a million pieces, you thought for a second it was your fault.

"YOU REALLY THINK THIS IS MY FAULT?! GROW THE FUCK UP APOLLO AND REALIZE YOUR BROTHER IS STILL MOURNING HIS EX-GIRLFRIEND!" You huff and breath deeply. He stops and presses his tongue into his cheek, scoffing he goes back into the hospital and comes back out along with Lucas and Reyna. "Have a fucking good night, Y/N." Apollo gets into their car.

Laying your head onto your arms, crossed on the edge of his hospital bed. "Eugene, why do you still love her? I thought you loved me." You watch his chest rise and fall. The heart monitor beeps quietly and the tv plays in the background, "You leave for a few days and I found you, this is a story I'll have to tell the kids." You laugh and slowly start to cry.

"I remember that time whenever you were drunk at the party and asked me why I was such a crybaby... I guess it's because I care so much for you, literally just met you a few months ago and you ruined my life and made it paradise all in one." Sniffling, "Eugene Everett, don't ever leave me." You move his hair out of his face, you kiss his head, and leave the hospital, taking a cab all the way to the city.