.did it for love. ♡

His knuckles were bruised and bloody, and his clothes covered in blood. Blood that wasn't his, but of another. "I've stabbed, been stabbed, been shot, have shot someone. Of course, I got into my little tussles but I don't think I've almost killed someone while fighting them." He stares past his aunt, looking at the wall. Ms. Tims nods, "Did he do anything that sent you over the edge?" Eugene blinks and then looks at her. "H-he said that he didn't think people like me lived in mansions. And something about him saying to me brought me back to whenever I was a kid." He sighs. "Just getting in the whole street biz." He closes his eyes, taking himself back. 

FLASHBACK

Eugene cries in his school bathroom, scared that they would be waiting for him whenever he came out. He sniffles and wipes his bloody nose, sitting in the big handicap stall. "Fucking assholes." One of his eyes bruised and swollen. "Get the fuck out of there, Everett!" One of the bullies yelled. He looks around the stall and tries to figure a way out, "If you don't come out now, we're going for your brother." Another adds. Eugene's eyes widen as he hears them leave the bathroom, "Not Apollo." He runs out of the bathroom, hoping to get to Apollo before them. And he did. "Apollo, cmon!" "What?" He looks at Eugene. 

Apollo on his back as he runs out of school, the bullies chasing after him. Eugene's stamina and his pace were built up from track and cross-country, he knew that they couldn't catch him. "Get back here, Everett!" They shout. He keeps going, wanting to save his little brother from whatever they were going to do. "Hey, stop!" Apollo still holding on to him. He keeps going. "Stop!" He kicks his legs and Eugene drops him. "What is wrong with you?" Apollo stares up at him and he walks back and forth. 

"People like you shouldn't be allowed in here!" They were bullying him throughout high school but then Eugene dropped out of school. 

"You did good, kid." 

There was a reason why he didn't target women, there was a reason why his motto was an eye for an eye

There was a reason why he didn't target women, there was a reason why his motto was an eye for an eye. He was just a boy, a 17-year-old boy, and he was just working for her.  "I'm glad you toughen up and got your shit together." She smiles. He worked for her and she was the first one to teach him how to fight, and how to shoot a gun, and he learned some techniques from her. 

Ms. Jolene. 

"Shit, I have to go pick up my brother!  I'll see you later, Ms. Jolene." Eugene runs out of the door and starts going to Apollo's school. "Hey, dipshit! Where's your brother now?" They laugh as they shove Apollo. Apollo sighs and continues walking, soon making his way to Eugene. "Hey, bud," Eugene says softly, he brushes past him and goes to the car. "You know what, I think I saw Lucas." He ruffles his hair and runs back. 

"Fuckers." Eugene throws his cigarette down as he sees the bullies. "Hey! I remember you." He smiles and walks up to them, crossing his arms. "Oh shit, look it's Everett! Shouldn't boys like  you be at the funeral home to something?" The bully snickers. He grabs him by the collar and pushes him up against the wall, soon beating him up. "Stop you'll kill him!" Another tries to pull Eugene off of him but he throws a punch at the other kid. He sighs and gets up, "If you ever mess with Apollo ever again, I'll break your fucking fingers." He spits on him and walks away. 

PRESENT TIME

"Ms. Jolene was killed by another street boss, and then I killed him. As I said before a lot of important people in my life are dead, except for Y/N." He sighs. "My god." She comes from around her desk and hugs him. "I'm sorry, Eugene." She squeezes him. It's been a long time since he's felt someone hold him like this, it brought him back to being a kid and his mom holding him tight while he cried. 

Eugene takes his pills, drinks a glass of water, and soon heads out for the day. He didn't want to see Henry after what he did to him last night, he just wanted to do normal human things. Like get groceries for the house, get flowers for you, do this and do that. He arrives in front of Henry's mansion, "Here we go." He sighs and pulls into the driveway. As she opens the door, Eugene stands there, hands in pocket. "Can you get in? I have something to talk about with you." His voice says sternly. "Uh- sure. Let me just grab my purse." She hurries back inside and then right back out. 

HICKORY BRIDGE

"Sometimes I look at you and think about how much you took away from me." He sits on a bench, soon lighting a cigarette. "What are you talking about?" She keeps her sunglasses on, hoping people won't recognize her. "And how much you took away from yourself." He continues. Esther looks at him for another response, he smokes his cigarette and starts to talk. "Usually I would be calm about these types of things but, you know I've been pushed over the edge lately. Especially with your husband, I've never felt that much rage towards someone, and I couldn't stop myself." Eugene closes his eyes, he then starts speaking again. "He's not dead. Damn near but he isn't, just really beat up." She stands up and watches him in horror. 

Eugene then swings his head to look at her, "I don't think we should be discussing this here." She starts speaking but his head makes a motion to more people arriving on the bridge and she quickly stops talking, rushing back to his car. 

IN ESTHER'S OFFICE - LAWYER'S OFFICE

"Sometimes I look at you and want to tell you how you ruined my life!" He argues with her. "What are you talking about?" Esther sits in her chair. "It was your fault your father killed himself! It wasn't mine! But he couldn't blame you, and where were you? Oh right, dead!" Eugene shouts. "It seemed like everything fell down on me!" He still argues. She just sits there, listening to him. Tears start to fill her eyes, "You have no god damn reason to be crying. What is your fucking reason?" Eugene looks at her. Her shoulders shake as he sobs, he watches her. Something about it gave him satisfaction, seeing her cry over her faults. "Whatfuckingever, Esther." He bursts out of her office. 

His breath comes short and he couldn't get his medicine out of his pocket. Eugene panics as he struggles, hoping he could open the cap in time. He opens the medicine bottle and takes his medicine, forcing it down his throat. His hands shake as he gets in his car, not wanting any attention drawn to him. 

Little did Eugene know that whenever he pulled his chest medications out, his hallucinations medication fell out of his pocket, and onto the street. That tiny medicine bottle rolled into a nearby rain drain, never to be touched ever again.