.all too much. ♡

"Now, kid, I'm taking you shopping." Lucas starts the car.  Watching all the cars pass by, counting the cars with couples inside of them, you sigh as Lucas drives to the nearest shop. "I'll get anything you want." Lucas winks and smiles. "I may have to leave Eugene if you keep this up." You grab his hand as he helps you out of the car. You two greet the store clerk, "She's looking for something for a masquerade party." Lucas smiles.

"Yes sir, my assistant can help. Do you need anything, I can surely help you." "No, no I'm just watching and paying." He laughs and takes a seat in front of the dressing rooms. The clerk nods and proceeds to clean the window. "I'll be out here if you need anything," Lucas shouts from the other side. "Don't take too long." He responds quickly after.

You come out with your first dress, "Hm... I don't like it." He states bluntly, "Okay... I kinda liked it." You huff and go back into the dressing room. "I like this one but isn't it a bit too long." He points to your covered feet. "That's- a good point." You go back into the dressing room. Hopefully, this is good enough. You finally come out with the final dress. "Now is this good enough?" You do a little spin.

He looks up and his eyes widen. Lucas gets up and walks around your body, observing you like a hawk, running his hands over the curves of your body. "I don't like it. Buy it." He gives you a smile and continues to walk around. "Uh-" You nod to the assistant and continue to shop around. "Kid! Buy anything! I won't stop you." You grab a pair of black pumps and a watch, along with another purse. You put them onto the counter, he watches closely and picks up the watch.

He then places it on the counter, "Put that fake shit back." He scoffs. "What?" You look up at him. "It's fake, if you actually want a real watch I'll buy you one. And a pair of some designer shoes. Lucas places them back in their original place and pays for your dress. "Thank you again! Sorry for calling out your shoes and watches." He laughs.

While tired from walking around, you two stop at a cafe. "So, how did you know the watch was fake?" You sip from your cup. "...The weight of the watch. A real watch as you can see," He rolls up his sleeve, takes his watch off, and places it into your hand. "Is much heavier than that one." He places the watch back onto his wrist. "Speaking of watches, it's almost time for the party." "We haven't even invited anyone!" You exclaim.

"Already covered, kid. I have my ways," He gives you his award-winning smile. "All you have to do is call Eugene yourself." "I don't think that is a good idea." You get up and walk to the car. "He'll like the dress, by the way, just tease him over the phone." Lucas opens the car door for you. "I guess I can do that." You cross your legs.

You lean onto the wall and twirl the cord around your fingers.

Ringing.

Ringing.

Ringing.

"Hello?" A groggy voice comes from the other side. "Hi Eugene, don't hang up. I wanna see you, come to the masquerade party at Lucas'. I bought a new dress and I wanted to show it off." You smile, waiting for his answer. "If it's a masquerade party, I guess I'll come." Eugene scratches his head, "Great! Also, there will be something coming for you in a few minutes. See you soon." You hang up. Smiling wide you hurry into a spare bedroom.