crush culture.

"do you want to die?"

monji halted in her movements as a shiver went up her spine at the sound of the cool voice speaking from the other side.

"that might be a little inconvenient for me at the moment, but i am open to rescheduling though." she managed to blurt out without her voice giving away her initial shock from hearing the voice speak for the first time.

the girl could hear the person on the other end of the call choke loudly as they spluttered incoherent words of shock.

monji relaxed a bit at having heard the male be caught off guard, which made him less intimidating to her. she even let out a small giggle.

"who are you?" the male voice spoke again after he had calmed down.

"moon monji, i'm a second year in the arts department." she could hear him quietly hum through the phone which made a light shade of pink bless the tips of her ears.

"ok moon monji, and why do you have my boyfriend's phone with you?" he asked calmly, with a hint of possessiveness when he said the word boyfriend.

"oh, boyfriend?" monji blinked rapidly once she realised what he had said.

'i guess that means he's another one of my soulmates as well.'

"hello?" the male spoke again a tad bit impatient.

"oh right!" she coughed awkwardly, "taehyung is at my place. he managed to slip and scrap is palms earlier on, but i patched him up. he's taking a shower right now." she quickly explained while her right hand fiddle with the string of her tea bag.

"seriously, he tripped? on what? i swear that kid," she could practically hear him rolling his eyes on the otherside, "well thank you for taking care of him, and sorry that you have to deal with him."

"oh no! it's no problem at all!" she quickly reassured.

"i hope you don't mind, but can you tell my your address number? i'll come pick him up and take him off of your hands." monji could hear the clear rustling of fabric and keys jiggling.

"yea that's ok, i'm sure he needs to be home right about now." she chuckled lightly as she remembered him complaining about not wanting to go home because he was going to be murdered by his other boyfriends.

"do you want me to text it to you or is your memory superior enough to remember it just from me telling it to you once?" a smiled graced her features as she heard an amused chuckle emit from the other side.

"it's good to know you can sense my genius just from this call." monji rolled her eyes at his words.

"use your phone and text my number. you wouldn't be able to unlock taehyung's phone anyways. i don't even remember what he changed his password to this week." he sighed in exasperation.

"yes sir." she lifted up her hand in a mock salut, but quickly put it down when she realised he wouldn't be able to see her.

"why do i feel like you just saluted just then?" monji blushed bright red in embarrassment.

"i'm hanging up now." she quickly moved the device away from her ear, not without hearing a loud snicker from the other side side, and pressing the red button.

the young artist sighed once again in embarrassment before quickly taking a large sip of her tea and picking up her phone

taehyung's own phone screen lit up with a text message from 'the rock🗿', which made monji chuckle.

the text message sent contained a short string of numbers which she quickly read and inputed into her own contact list.

'mysterious man' she named his contact after some pondering.