2

Rosie

"I lowkey started to think you weren't real."

Mitch says, handing me a glass of freshly made margarita. My still pretty shaky hand reaches out to take it with a small "thank you".

Then Mitch hissed bringing all of our attention to him. Sarah has just pinched his side after the comment he made.

"What? He kept talking about her, but he didn't even know anything about her. He could've just imagined her." He adds with a bit more volume, explaining his inner thoughts. It makes me chuckle. "Seems like he's sane after all."

"These would be my idiotic friends." Harry's voice echoes through the kitchen again as he enters it, bringing my attention to him.

He was in a simple white tee with black sweat shorts covering his lower half. The gold cross necklace was dangling from his neck as he walked up next to me.

"Very thankful that you decided to embarrass me in front of her. Thanks." Sour. His tone was sour.

"You're welcome, mate." Mitch gestured his glass towards us as a toast before he took a sip of the drink without so much as blinking.

That reminded me of the drink in front of me on the kitchen island. I was sitting on top of a spinning barstool and Harry was towering over me from behind. He was close enough for me to catch a whiff of the scent I'd almost forgotten about. Vanilla and tobacco.

I bring the rim of the glass to my lips, taking a sip of the home made cocktail. Flattening my tongue against the rim, I lapped up some of the salt that decorated the glass.

"Have you been okay?" Harry leans lower whispering, his mouth being right next to my ear. His hot breath fanned against my skin, raising goosebumps over my arms that were visible to him.

"Mhm." I only manage to hum, almost choking on a crystal of salt when he startled me with his closure.

"Your hair got longer."

"Yours got shorter." I bite back, earning a smug grin from him. "Almost didn't recognise you there, pal." Pal? Really, Rosie? Pal? Jesus Christ, someone stop me.

"The end of an era, yeah?" I'm not quite sure what he meant by that but I just hummed along in agreement.

"Did you enjoy the show, Ro?" His tone drops a few octaves, sounding deeper - not that I thought that was possible.

I don't fail to catch the use of the nickname.

Ro.

Not many people call me by that and it never sounded right rolling off anyone's tongue other than his. I never thought I'd hear him say it again.

"The hundreds of girls seemed to enjoy it very much." I don't want to agree and feed his ego. My embarrassing gawking and the way my body reacts to his closeness are enough. He doesn't need verbal compliments. "You sure know how to make their underwear disappear with your lyrics. And with the show you put on."

"Not yours?"

"Don't get your panties in a twist, Styles. Not everyone is kissing your ass." Adam pipes up from his spot, leaning against the kitchen counter, and takes a sip of his drink.

I'm silently grateful for his come back, relieved that I don't have to come up with a response.

Harry just shows him the finger, passing me on his way to the last remaining glass on the counter and picking it up. He wrapped his lips around the rim, taking a small sip.

"Besides, Honey is famous for one person only." I straighten in my seat, grasping all of their curious attention. "And that is Sarah."

My smug smirk is on display as the boys click their tongues and roll their eyes, except for Sarah and Mitch. Sarah just slipped out from under Mitch's arm and took a seat next to me on a stool, playfully bumping her shoulder against mine.