25

Harry

Fiancée. The term refers to an engaged woman.

I never thought I'd have a girlfriend let alone a fiancée at the age of twenty-five. I've always had dreams as a kid that one day I would get married like mum did with my stepdad but as I got older it only seemed to be further and further away.

Now, however? I'm walking down the streets of Budapest, my hand intertwined with my fiancée's as she excitedly talks me through one of her favourite memories that she shared with her grandmother.

I'm listening to her but I'm more mesmerised by seeing her face light up and her eyes sparkle the closer we get to the house. Apparently her entire family — minus her mother who I now know passed away while she was living in London — are going to be there for the special occasion.

I glance down at our joint hands, noticing how the diamond ring rests proudly on her ring finger and can't help but smile.

I felt so lost for the first few days without her. I thought all was lost and I prepared for years of loneliness and misery.

But then I realised I shouldn't give up on someone like her. That's not how my mother raised me and Rosie isn't the woman who deserves to be given up on. I knew I would fight for her as long as she lets me.

I'm one lucky guy for having her in my arms now. I didn't expect her to take me back so easily, let alone to accept my marriage proposal. Mum is gonna be thrilled when she hears the news.

"I'm warning you, no one except my brother speaks English so I'm going to have to translate all afternoon," Rosie says skipping to the details we've already talked about three times since last night.

"I know, baby honey." My eyes travel to her full lips, watching as she swipes her tongue over her bottom lip and coats it with saliva. I wish I could kiss her and never let go.

Maybe later.

She pauses, halting in our steps. Instead of driving with her father and brother, we opted on walking to her grandmother's house that's a couple of streets away.

Though she didn't outwardly say it I know why she wanted to walk. The last time she drove to meet her grandmother was the night of her accident. I know she still can't drive a car without getting anxious and I'm sure driving the same streets as she did back when she was with that pussy gives her mad anxiety.

Totally understandable.

"Are you sure you want to do this? I understand if you need time." Time. She's been making sure I'm alright ever since we met last night.

After we got back together and she agreed to marry me she's been asking me multiple times if I regret coming after her and reassuring me that if I need time after what she did to me when she left then she would be more than willing to give it to me.

Truth is, as weird as it sounds that after all that, we act like nothing happened, it's what feels right. I have her with me and I'll have her as long as hell freezes over. I put a period on the past and opened up a new page for us, one that we can fill up with new memories, together.

My love is just too stubborn to let go of the past. She doesn't believe me when I say I'm not mad at her. I know why she did what she did and I probably would've done the same. Maybe not the locking-up-into-a-cage part but all the others.

"Never been more certain about anything." I press my lips against her forehead, prolonging the kiss a bit before pulling back and leading her towards the front door.

As nervous as I should be, I'm anything but. I'm actually excited. Meeting her family was something I never thought would happen and yet here we are.

She takes a deep breath, her hand slightly trembling she lifts it to knock on the door. As soon as her knuckles brush against the wooden surface, the door flies open, revealing a tall man with brown eyes and curly hair. His facial features look similar to Rosie's so I'm quick to assume he's Geri, her brother.