8

Rosie

"You're going to injure yourself," I state with my hands on my hips while staring at the man trying to jump off the large rock.

"Have a little trust in me, eh?" And right as the sentence leaves his lips, he bounces off his feet and comes falling down in front of me, landing perfectly on his soles like a fucking cat.

"I'm starting to think you're a superhero or something."

He straightens back up, wiping the dust off his hands into his track shorts and blows the single curl out of his sight so it lands messily on top of the other locks.

"You've found out my secret." The expression on his face is Oscar-worthy, to be honest. He's walking up to me from the spot where he landed with a mixture of shock and worry on his face, trying to act like I truly just found out about some deep and dark secret of his.

I can't fight the urge to roll my eyes as I turn around and continue down the path we were on until Harry decided to climb this massive rock just to show off.

"I'm actually Spiderman. I sneak out at night when you fall asleep to fight criminals and save the locals." He goes on with his made-up story as he catches up to me with long strides, so we're now walking up the hill next to each other.

"It means you're my Mary Jane."

"Slow your spidey webs, British Peter Parker. I never agreed to be your imaginary girlfriend in this made-up fairy tale of yours." I turn my eyes to catch a glimpse of him walking beside me without turning my head in his direction. However, I don't see his grin falter for a second. What I just said doesn't seem to phase him in the slightest. Or maybe he thinks I'm just joking.

"We'll get there eventually. I'll earn my way into that golden heart of yours." And like that, he strides forward without saying anything else.

I'm not sure if I lost my pace because of the utter shock his words left me in or because his legs are longer than mine, therefore it takes him half the effort to climb this hill. Maybe it's both.

"Why golden?" I can't help but ask as I try to catch up to him but he's already at the top of the hill while I still have a couple of metres ahead of me.

"Everything about you is golden. Your skin, your smile, your voice, your mind. It's why you remind me of honey. You're a golden yellow. Just like honey." He doesn't watch me struggle my way up to him while he answers my question but even without seeing his face or his eyes I know he's telling the truth. It's what he genuinely believes in.

I'm not sure how to feel about that. However, I'm sure that the deep breath I just sucked in once getting to the top is one because his words knocked the breath out of me. Luckily I can play it off by inhaling quickly and heavily as if I was trying to catch my breath.

I'm trying my best every single day to not let myself get too close to him. I already allowed myself more closure than I was supposed to, and now I struggle not to feel for him.

"When I think of you I think of the colour green," I state, slowing my breathing as I stand next to him, staring ahead, down at the small village that's engulfed by the North sea. It's a small fishing village and just looking at it from up here, I can tell it's the most peaceful place to live in.

"I hope it's not just because of my astonishingly beautiful eyes." His cockiness brings a smile to my face. I shake my head slightly and look at him.

"Not just because of them, but they are my favourite part of you."

"I don't know if I should be hurt or grateful." He glances at me with that same cocky grin on his face that I'm all too familiar with.

"By green, I mean moss green. The green that reminds you of turtles."