two

Harry

"I'm coming, I'm here I'm here!"  I'm in a hurry to get to the dressing room in time. I'm twenty minutes late already and the people are waiting for me outside.

I'm never late. I'm a professional guy, always on time, never the one to cause drama. You know if I'm late then something was more important than my career. That something is my family.

I push through the doors, my manager Jeff already glaring at me, looking rather pissed. I flash him an innocent smile and free myself from the sweaty clothes I wore all day. I use deodorant and cologne before putting on the outfit Susanne hung up for me.  He comes into the room right as I'm about to put my shoes on, fixing my clothes so they look good.

"I'll wait for her and take her backstage. Go." Harry says, smoothing out my clothes on my shoulders one last time and I nod my head, taking a deep breath before rushing backstage.

An assistant shows me around, putting the mic on me and before I know it, I'm walking out on stage with a clapping audience in front of me. A smile is plastered on my face as I greet the audience with a wave and Ellen with a quick hug.

"It's nice to see you again, Harry." She takes a seat on her chair and I do the same, sitting down on the other.

"Thanks for having me." I get a crazy amount of cheers and claps from the audience which seems to grow immensely every time. I can't help but grin at their cheers.

"They are really happy to see you. It feels like your band fell off the face of Earth for the past year."

That's relatively true. We've been away for the past year, creating our new album in privacy. It felt like the right thing to do.

"Yeah. We moved into a beach house in Italy together to write the new record." For the past year, we were living on the Amalfi coast of Italy in a rented house. The three boys, our wives and Tyler and Kid joined us. We turned one of the rooms into a studio and that's where we wrote most of the tracks.

"I wanted to talk about your album's name. Your first album was Ambrosia which is Greek. And obviously, you stuck with the theme of different languages, naming the second one-"

"Fiammifero. Yeah." I nod my head, toying with the rings on my fingers. "It's actually a word I heard one day when we were out having dinner. It means matchstick. Obviously, I didn't go like 'Ah that is the album name!' when hearing it, but it kinda came back to me later on and it sounded fitting."

"So why exactly did you choose that as the album name?" Ellen does her job by questioning me about the new album. I've always been the one to do the promo stuff because the others don't really like the spotlight and talking in front of big crowds. I live for it though. I adore the way all eyes are glued on me. Some may feel sick under pressure but the narcissistic in me thrives.

"I feel like this album is really honest about life in general. The good and bad side of it. To me it's kind of a reference to people being matchsticks in a box. One spark and can burn down the entire box. One mistake and we can ruin people's lives. It's kind of a weird reference but it made sense to us when we had the tracklist ready."

"It does make sense. It's pretty deep though but yeah it makes sense." The room fills with laughter causing me to break out into yet another grin. "So the band just hid out for a year?"

"The band, my friends Kid Harpoon and Tyler Johnson who helped write the album and our wives yeah." I hear a few squeals from the crowd but I try not to pay attention to them and break out into yet another grin.

"Oh yeah! Your bandmates are married to each other right?" Her eyes light up a bit at the topic.

"Mitch and Sarah, yeah."