18

this is a double update! make sure to read 17 before you read this one!

Rosie

The loudest squeal leaves my lips as I hurry backstage to meet the band. Tonight's show was absolutely amazing. It always is but something about London just makes it more special. I love the crowd, I love the place, I love the vibes. It makes me feel at home.

In some ways, this is my home. It's been my home for four years now. Today marks four years of my departure.

While every year on this day I'm found locked in my room, crying until I can't see through my puffy eyes, today I'm doing the complete opposite. I watched my boyfriend perform with his band and had a blast.

"Rosie!" I hear Harry Lambert's voice call out for me and turn around to see him approach me. He's always so well dressed, I absolutely adore his style.

"Hello, my darling. It's nice to see you again." He gives me a side hug as we walk together to the room backstage.

"I missed you! Been too long since we last seen each other." It was back before we left London for tour. Thinking back to it, so much has changed since then. I feel like I'm not the same person I was before we left.

Who would've thought two months would change me so much?

"I was absolutely thrilled to hear Sue finally asked you to be his girl." The nickname the Harrys gave each other is truly the sweetest thing I've ever heard. Lambert is Susane while Styles is Sue. It's one way people call them around here, or they just call them by their last names.

"Yeah, it was inevitable." A small chuckle leaves my lips. I think both Harry and I know that it was going to happen either way. Truth is, I've been secretly waiting for this to happen since the day we first met. On lonely days I found myself wishing I knew more than just his first name so I could search him up. But it all worked out in the end and I've had an amazing two months with him, even if it ends soon.

I like to prepare myself for failure so I don't fall face forward when they hit me with the news. Meaning for the past couple of days I've been preparing myself to say my goodbyes to all of them; Bobby, Niall, Harry, Sarah, Mitch, Adam. The people who grew closer to me than anyone did in the eighteen years I spent in Hungary.

As we enter the backstage room, the first thing I notice is Harry and Mitch hugging each other tightly in the corner. Adam's hugging Sarah, murmuring words into her ear that I can't understand.

Once they pull away from the hug, Sarah's glassy eyes find mine and I already know what's happening here. She told Mitch and the band about what we found out yesterday while the boys were in a meeting.

I rush towards her, ignoring the presence of everyone else and pull her into a tight embrace, wrapping my arms around her shoulders. "I love you so much. I'm so happy for you, Sarah." The words leave my lips in a rush, tears already forming in my eyes.

Yesterday when I went over to their place she told me she was a few days late and I told her to take a test just in case. Three minutes later the two lines on the small test had us ugly crying on the couch and eating tubs of ice cream while planning how she was going to tell Mitch.

It's safe to say it was the hardest thing to keep a secret in front of everyone. When the boys arrived home they saw the mess we made with the empty ice cream tubs on the coffee table and the stack of mascara-stained tissues. We told them we were watching romcoms but I'm not sure they actually believed us.

I managed to keep my entire past a secret for four years in front of everyone and I struggled to keep Sarah's pregnancy a secret in front of Harry. He kept asking me if I was okay and he thought I received some news about my residency. I'm yet to receive the letter but regardless of what it'll say I'm prepared.