12

Rosie

"So what changed?" Sarah asks, swiping another coat of the white polish on my nails.

"I took the risk."

"You know I'm more than happy to hear that but I want you to be honest with me. You can talk to me." She says, sitting back against the chair. Her eyes are fixated on mine and she's focusing on nothing but me. She always does this when we talk and it's the best feeling. She's truly listening to what I have to say.

"I had a hard past. The future is gonna be even harder and I know for sure that I'll break Harry's heart even if I don't want to. I've been trying hard not to give in and fall for him but it's-"

"Impossible." She adds and I nod. She's right, it is impossible not to fall for someone like him. "I've known H for a while now. There was a time when even I considered if what I felt for him was friendly or something more. He just has that charm that lures everyone in. It's easy to fall for him."

Listening to Sarah made me think of all the times somebody fell for him. He's pretty closed off to the public but people in the UK and maybe even across the globe are in love with him because of who he is. He's an incredible friend who'd support you no matter what. He loves unconditionally. He's a person who'd never leave you or judge you. That mix is extremely rare.

"I don't want to hurt him," I state, my voice full of vulnerability. "But if I wouldn't take this risk it would hurt both of us. I owe him so much to give this a try, even if it's scary as hell."

In all honesty, I've been debating what I should do about my newfound feelings. I could've ignored them like I ignore a lot of things in life, sure, but he's too special to let go. I know I can't play with him, and I know I can't hurt him. Only that the second thing is not really up to me.

"I'm really happy you're the one who's with him. I wouldn't want it to be anyone else."

Her eyes soften as she stares at me through her lashes. She has a smile on her face that's genuine. She's genuinely happy for us.

Us. Wow, it's crazy to even think that there's an us now. Me and Harry.

"I have a boyfriend..." I exclaim in utter shock.

"Yeah, you freaking do!" Her smile widens and her pearly white teeth appear. "It's not just me and Mitch now."

"Well, to be fair, Adam seems to spend a lot of time with Jessica." We share a knowing look and both of us wiggle our eyebrows. That makes us giggle like little girls.

Sarah's like the friend I always wanted but never had. The closest friend I ever had was Barbara. Babs and I went to school together for several years and we were the best of friends. We weren't very closed but she was the closest friend I had.

Until she started suspecting what was going on and she became very pushy. I know she only wanted what was good for me but past me thought she was just trying to make my days harder.

Turns out she was right and I should've followed her advice. It would've saved me a lot of pain and my faith would've been shaped differently.

We kinda just lost contact after I stopped reaching out and then I came here.

The door swings open and in walks Mitch and Harry, laughing about something they were been talking about. As soon as they spot us sitting at the coffee table, Harry's eyes find mine and Mitch's eyes find Sarah's.

They weren't gone for too long, about two hours to talk to the head of Sony Music.

Yes, that means we're back in London.