19

Rosie

"Are you ever gonna tell me where you're taking me?" I press my palms flat against the silky material, smoothing out my dress on my thighs.

We've been in the car for a while now, just driving from one side of London to the other. Harry never told me where our date would take place, he just told me to put on a dress and not dare wear heels — hence why I'm in my Converse. I have a leather jacket on top since it's a bit chilly outside.

Harry on the other side is wearing a white button-down that's only buttoned halfway through, his chest tattoos exposed for the world to see. The cross necklace on his neck peeks through his shirt, his ring-adorn fingers are wrapped around the wheel.

He brings one of his hands from the wheel and places it on top of mine that's resting in my lap. The small act is enough to make my body warm up.

"Mm, nope. You'll have to wait and see." His voice rings through the car, making my stomach tighten with anticipation. I hate surprises and everyone knows that. It's clear to say my birthday is my least favourite day of the year and when Bobby and Niall try to get me something I get pissed at them. I simply don't think I'm worthy of the gifts.

Besides as cheesy as it may sound, the biggest gift of them all is that they gave me a new life. Nothing beats that.

"I hate surprises," I state my inner thought verbally for him but it's not like he's unaware of that fact.

"And you love me. Odds are in my favour." His cheeky, boyish grin remains apparent on his sculpted face. Sometimes when I look at him I can just zone out for hours on end and do nothing but stare. He's truly mesmerising. His long black lashes, green eyes, chiselled jawline, perfect face structure, chestnut curls. He's perfect in so many ways. I swear Anne gave him some godly DNAs.

"Quit starin' and close your mouth, baby. You're gonna catch flies," and that's when I snap out of my state and swat his arm playfully. He overdramatically frowns but he's unable to hide his smile for long. Both of us burst into a fit of laughter that makes my cheeks ache.

Every minute I get to spend with him I cherish.

"Can't believe Sarah and Mitch are having a baby." He exclaims after our laughter dies down and we're left in silence. Only the radio is playing quietly in the background but none of us is focusing on the music.

"And getting married," I'm quick to add. Both things are major changes in life and their life is going to change forever soon. It's terrifying to think about but a part of me has always longed for that kind of ending.

"That too," he nods his head and scrunches up his nose as he thinks for a second before he asks, "Have you ever thought about that?"

"Marriage and kids? Yeah." I've spent a fair amount of time fantasizing about a life that's written in books and seen in movies, only to be met with the ugly truth that life is cruel. "Have you?" I look to the side again, focusing on his face.

"Only recently."

I'm not sure how to reply so I just leave it at that and look outside the window. The car comes to a stop when Harry pulls into a car park on the side of the road. When he cuts the engine off I take it as my sign and slip out of the car.

The cold spring air nips at my skin as I take in my surroundings and try to decipher where we are — only to come up with nothing. I have no idea where he took me.

"Come on, baby honey." He holds his hand out for me and hesitantly I slip mine into it. Immediately he intertwines our fingers as we begin to walk down the side of the road.