13

tw/ panic attacks

Rosie

"Hurry up, Rosie! We're late again!" He shouts from the living room.

I grab the perfume bottle from the counter and spray my neck twice then my wrist once, patting my wrists together.

I look in the mirror again, one last time just to make sure I look okay. My dress is quite short but I'm wearing shorts underneath, and it's summer anyway. No one will judge just because my dress is a little short.

When I double-checked my makeup, hair, and outfit, I decide I'm ready to go and walk out of the bathroom.

It's my nonna's birthday today and we're hosting her a surprise party at her favourite restaurant. The whole family is there and she has no idea. She hasn't seen all of us together in months.

Most of my family don't live here, some moved abroad, and some just moved elsewhere in the country. It's just me, mum, dad, nonna and Matt here.

I'm excited but also nervous to see my aunts, uncles and cousins all together. Whenever there's a family event of some sort, something always goes wrong. Could be an argument or just one of them acting dramatic over nothing and pissing the other off, but it's a regular thing for my family to have fights when we get together.

I bet nonna wouldn't support the idea of gathering everyone together for her sake if she knew. I wouldn't either, honestly.

I love my family, don't get me wrong but it's just too much sometimes.

Let's just say I'm glad we don't all live in the same city.

"Sorry, I'm ready now." I apologise as I grab my bag from the couch and flash him a smile.

I focus my eyes on my Converse as we take slow steps toward our destination. We slept in pretty late because we were watching romantic comedies until two in the morning. We woke up and rushed to get ready.

We made it just in time before soundcheck so now we're on our way there, walking from the hotel since Harry insisted that he wanted some fresh air before work.

I'm not complaining though, we're only a few blocks away from the venue and it's a nice day today. A sunny afternoon, walking by the shops, hand in hand.

"Hang on for a second." He says, stopping in his steps, making me halt as well. Without another word he walks into the shop next to us, leaving me in the middle of the street alone.

I read the sign of the shop but it doesn't take much to know that it's a flower shop. For some reason it makes my heart warm, knowing Harry wanted flowers.

My nonna always said: "Aki a virágot szereti, az rossz ember nem lehet." This translates to: "Whoever loves flowers can't be a bad person."

And she was so right.

I look at the flowers that are set up outside the shop, admiring their colours and beauty. I love flowers and my family does as well. We always had loads of plants and different kinds of flowers in our house.

"Ugye viccelsz?"

I freeze in my spot as soon as my ears pick up the Hungarian sentence. I haven't looked but I know who the voice belongs to. I haven't heard it in years and yet it still paralyzes me.

"Alright, baby honey, I got these for you cause-"

"Let's go," I whisper to Harry as soon as he's out of the shop. I grab his wrist since he has the flowers in his hold and tug him along as I hurry down the street.