20

Harry

Tonight is going exactly how I planned it so far, except for a slight change.

I didn't calculate the little teasing show she put on on our way back from the venue. Clearly, she was turned on and a part of me feels bad for leaving her on edge just before we left her place.

Don't get me wrong, I would have loved to take her then and there and fucked her raw against the door. I would've loved nothing more than to do that but we were on a time schedule and I couldn't risk Bobby hearing the sweet noises she makes for me when she comes. It would not only mortify her but me as well.

Truth is I feel intimidated by that man. He's an amazing man, he always has been but knowing Rosie is like a daughter to him I feel like I'm thrown under the spotlight. I have to behave well or he'll never let me see her again.

Though our dinner with them went incredible — on my end at least, Rosie would tell you otherwise. We teased her the whole night, Bobby and Niall told me embarrassing stories of her and I was thriving off her reactions. The way her cheeks flushed and she brought her eyes down at her hands where she fidgeted with the hem of her dress.

I couldn't love her any more and yet every day I do. Every day my love for her grows and it only settles the realisation in me that if she has to leave the country I'm either getting her to marry me or moving to Hungary to be with her.

I've never been but since I've known she's from there I started looking up places. Budapest is a beautiful city with a great culture. In the past, the city was two separate cities — Buda and Pest. You can tell the two sides because it is separated by the river Danube. It kind of splits it in the middle, leaving the Buda part on the left and the Pest part on the right side of the river. That is if you're standing on top of Gellért hill which holds Hungary's very own liberty statue.

The hill was named after a man named Saint Gerard who was thrown to death from the hill. Very dark. The statue situated in the fortification on top of the hill is called Citadella — citadel in English. It's a figure of a woman holding a palm leaf and two smaller figures are next to it.

It honestly looks beautiful and the deeper I dig to find out about her country the more I want to actually go there and see it in person.

I would never admit it to her though, I know the topic of her country is a sensitive one for her.

Finally, as we arrive at my final destination of the night, with a bottle of fancy champagne and a box of pizza in our hands, I take a look at the woman standing next to me.

She's come so far from the girl she was the first time I met her. She's so open about her past and trauma and she always inspires people to be strong and to choose love every single day. This woman was once just a girl to who the world was way too cruel and she never failed to be strong and overcome everything that's been done to her.

She showed me that there's no darkness that a little bit of light cannot overcome. She showed me the power that is strong enough to bring sun to the darkest days and I can never thank her enough for that. She changed the way I view life and I intend to tell her that. Tonight.

"I can't believe you've gone through all this hustle just to recreate the first time we met." She comments breathlessly, staring at the London Zoo sign in front of us. It's past midnight and there's no one around as we walk through the closed gates and through the zoo to the place I call my spot.

"I'd do anything for you. I'd quite literally walk through fire for you, Ro," I tug her along the shortest route I know to the old penguin pool that now stands abandoned.

Once we're through the gate, I help her climb up the slope — not forgetting she's scared of heights — and take a seat next to her.

Now we sit above the pool with our feet dangling in the air.