5

Rosie

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Niall asks carefully from the driver's seat. He knows better than to pry me for information after I just spent the last two hours talking to Andrew about...well, everything.

I simply shake my head, unable to form a single sentence that wouldn't end up in my voice cracking and me breaking down.

I hate being weak.

Whenever I'm forced to open up I feel like I'm the same weak little girl I was back in Hungary. I wish I could say that girl died and I buried her before I came to England but every time I have to talk about the past, I'm reminded that I'm still the same person I was. I'm still just as weak and fragile.

"I'm gonna stop at Maccies, and get you your favourite ice cream." He exclaims, notifying me why he suddenly changed the route. Maccies is the opposite way from our house so he has to turn back around. He doesn't seem to care though. He just wants to make me happier.

Taking a deep breath, I stare out of the window, watching the buildings pass by. London traffic is an absolute nightmare. I remember once Niall complained about how it took him 45 minutes to drive 1.8 miles.

Times like this I'm glad he doesn't push me to drive.

After a few minutes of driving, he pulls up by the restaurant, parks the car and cuts the engine off. Unbuckling his seat belt he shifts his body to look at me, his soft, blue eyes looking into mine. I know he wants to ask if I want to go inside or if he should just go get our usual order while I wait here.

I give him a small nod to say I'm gonna go in with him and slip out of the car. It's surprisingly warm today even though it's only the beginning of April. So warm that Niall being Niall is only in a shirt and shorts.

I dressed casual, wanting to be taken seriously by Andrew, even though the lack of makeup on my face and my red puffy eyes certainly do not compliment my dark green dress. I have a black leather jacket on because my top half was starting to get cold.

Walking in by Niall's side, I'm swarmed by the smell of greasy, unhealthy food that makes my mouth salivate. I haven't eaten anything today other than breakfast before I left home so I've been dealing with a rumbling stomach all afternoon. I found myself apologising to Andrew a couple of times whenever my stomach made a noise that sounded like an alien.

Niall walked up to the counter, flashing the girl a flirty smile before telling her our order.

I wasn't even listening to what he was ordering, I trust him enough to know he'll get me the right things. He knows what I hate and what I like since I'm quite picky when it comes to food.

While Niall waited for our order to be packed and we could leave, I stepped aside to a less busy corner so other people could order.

"You know it's scary how I didn't bump into you for two years and now we meet twice in less than a week."

I'm startled by a deep voice that comes from behind and makes me turn around. I mean, who am I kidding, I already knew who spoke just by the voice but the tingling feeling I get in my stomach surely gives it away.

He stands behind me with a smug smirk on his lips, giving me a subtle once over. I can see how his smile falters for a second when he notices the look on my face but he's quick to bring the smile back as if he didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

"I'm starting to think you're following me, baby honey."

"If I would have that much free time on my hand, you'd be the last person I followed around." I scoff, crossing my arms in front of my chest.