15| Ronnie

Ronnie

I swear if I have to hear Taehyung rap another verse of this stupid song, I'm going to open the door and roll right out of this damn car. I glare at my brother bobbing his head, stupid eyes narrowed as he makes these weird ass faces. Jungkook sits beside him, lightly bopping his head but subtly and not over dramatic like Taehyung.

"Tae—"

"Ddaeng!" He exclaims and I groan before climbing forward. I change the station and he freezes, hand still in the air and I grin happily when a nice soothing song plays on the radio.

"Ron!" He snaps and I shrug.

"This isn't your car, so it's not your radio." I retaliate and Jungkook smiles as he holds back his laughter. Taehyung grumbles something and I raise my brow.

"What was that?"

"Nothing..." He mumbles. "It's great having you back."

"It's great to be back." I grin and he rolls his eyes before turning the volume down and resting both hands on the wheel now.

The car falls silent and Taehyung immerses himself in his driving, much too distracted to see the glances Jungkook gives me in the mirror. My phone suddenly vibrates and I quickly shush it and open the message.

'How do we get rid of him? I can't hold out much longer.' I smile a bit before glancing at Jungkook who's already eyeing me in the mirror. I start to type before erasing my message and starting all over again.

′I'm not exactly eager to get to that. Unless you're okay with having ketchup on your sausage.′ I bite down on my lip when I see Jungkook's face twist up slightly.

′That time of the month?′ He responded.

′Yup' I send the message, assuming he wouldn't respond since it's clear we weren't about to have sex today. I'm surprised when my phone vibrates again and Jungkook's name pops up on the screen.

'I would still like to spend time with you.' My heart flutters before another text comes in. ′Maybe I can convince you to start that book of yours again.′

'Maybe' I send the simple response and he responds instantly.

'So?' I lightly type on my screen before glancing up to meet his eyes. We stare at one another's reflection for a moment before Taehyung clears his throat.

"I uh—" he glances down at his phone momentarily. "I actually have to handle something. You think you can take Ronnie home?"

"Sure." Jungkook nods and I glance over at Taehyung. His jaw tightens and I can tell something is seriously bothering him. I want to ask so badly but when his brows furrowed and his eyes focus straight ahead without withering, I bite back my questions and look out the window.

Taehyung ends up stopping at an empty lot. Getting out of the car as the same time as Jungkook, the two switching sides. It looks like Jungkook mutters something but Taehyung simply shakes his head before walking over to my side of the car. I roll down the window and he forces a smile.

"Stay at Jordan's tonight. I'll pick you up tomorrow."

"Is everything okay?" I ask and his smile softens a bit before he's pinching my cheek and chuckling.

"I was angry about you worrying me and here I am doing the same." His eyes sadden. "It's just some business alright? I won't be long."

"Call me when you get home." I say, reaching up and pinching his nose. "Don't forget."

"I won't." He smiles before leaning down and kissing my forehead. "If this perv tries anything call me."

I chuckle. "I'm sure I can handle myself."