38 | cupcakes

"OWEN!" STEVIE yells running into chris's room with trevor in his hand.

"what?"

"can we do a tiktok?" she asks sitting next to him.

her hand reaching to his bedside table were a bowl of jolly ranchers always stood.

"why is there only watermelon?" she asks plopping the candy in her mouth.

the boy just looked at her but swiftly turning away.

"we have to do this tiktok." she sits up foreword to him.

"the one where you dress up like me, and i dress up like you." stevie giggles.

"but we already did that." he groans.

"that was in sixth grade." she shoved his shoulder.

they were now getting ready.

"okay how do i look?" she asks the boy while wearing his hoodie and sweats.

"like me." he corks his head.

"how do i look?" he then asks her while wearing her skirt and crop top.

"like me." she kissed his nose then set her phone down.

once uploading the tiktok the two were back in their ordinary clothes.

"they're gonna go crazy." she giggles laying on the bed.

looking at the comments, they were all talking to stevie about how she should kill herself, or sending hate to her.

chris turned to the girl while chewing on his inner cheek.

"are you okay?" he asks, what a stupid question.

"i'm fine." she gulps.

"you don't look fine." chris softens his eyes.

"then stop looking." she gets up calmly walking out the room with sigh.

it's always one step forward, then three steps back.

"auntie." she walks into the woman's room.

"i cant, i need to leave." she grabs her hair sitting next to the lady.

"why?" mary furrows her brows.

"he's too pretty, i cant do it anymore." she throws her head in her hands.

mary lou was gonna let out a laugh, but stevie wasn't joking.

"every time i look at him, i'm like i hate him, i hate him so much." she grabs on to her hair.

"but then i'm like-" stevie gets cut off.

"hating someone feels disturbingly similar to being in love with them." mary finished her sentence with a knowing look plastered to her face.

stevies eyes widen.

"yes!" she cries out.

"honey, i don't understand what your trying to say." mary grabs her face.

"i-i just wish he loved me, like i loved him." stevie sighed.

if mary lou could, she would have slapped her right in the face.

"stephanie odette cole."

oh no, not again.

"don't. i'm not gonna believe in any of that bullshit." Stevie stops here from talking.

"your gonna listen."

"chris, looks at you differently." she started.

"we were talking about you yesterday, i mentioned your name, and suddenly his ears perked and his cheeks turned red." mary sighs while explaining.

she didn't want to hear this, she wanted to be told that these feelings would go away, and that he would be her best friend and only her best friend forever.

"auntie." stevie stops her.

"he doesn't like me, and i'm trying to be okay with that." the girl gulps down the lump in her throat.

"i'm just gonna drive around the neighborhood." Stevie points to the door, not letting the woman finish already being out.

hitting the gas peddle with her foot she sighs driving out of the driveway.

turning on her playlist, apocalypse started playing.

"great." she sarcastically mumbles under her breath.

"your lips my lips, apocalypse." the speakers rang throughout the car.

her hand slammed against the buttons shutting the music off and slamming her head on the wheel.

she was back in the house and it smelled like cupcakes.

"what is that smell." she hums in delight walking into the kitchen.

"since when do you guys bake." she asks confused seeing the three huddled on the island with a tray of chocolate cupcakes in front of them.

"since today." nic shrugs.

"can i have one." her hand was slapped when it reached out by chris.

"ow." she rubs her knuckles.

"why not?"

"there's not enough and your gonna eat all of them." matt looks at her knowingly.

"there's five!"

"and your gonna eat all five." chris widens.

"fine." she huffs.

the door bell rang.

"that's the pizza." the three boys get up and walk out the kitchen.

bad idea.

when marching back in with a box of hot pizza.

they were met with zero cupcakes on the tray, only crumbs scattered everywhere.

"what the fuck." chris mumbles.

the triplets look up to stevie.

there she stood with chocolate covering her mouth some on her nose and a small innocent grin stuck to her face.

"it was him!" she points to the sleeping dog.

H speaks!
LOVE U ALLLLLLLL

also are u guys getting bored bc i feel like u guys aren't enjoying this book a lot???