Chapter 15

After Jungkook left, all of the staff looked at each other in shock.

"Did I hear that right?" One of them asked doubtedly.

"Yes, did he just say he'll be joining us?" Another one asked.

Taehyung looked at them dubmfounded.

He was about to enter his office when one of the staff spoke.

"Mr. Kim? Are you close with Mr. Jeon?" A woman in her thirties can't help but asked.

Taehyung didn't want rumors to start spreading so he simply answered.

"Kind of, I knew him when we were in college." He said.

"Why do you look so shock that he invited you to a welcome party. Isn't that one of the tradition of every office?" He can't help but asked at their weird behaviors.

"It's not the inviting part that's surprising but the fact that he's gonna be there" A young man replied instead.

Everyone agreed as they nodded their head in unison. Taehyung furrowed his brows

"What's so surprising about that?" He can't help but ask.

"Mr. Jeon never attended welcome parties of his employee's. Even with his close friends, he just sends them a bunch of welcome gifts and a welcoming party but he never personally attended one." The woman replied.

Taehyung pondered for a moment and answered "Oh, then maybe he was super busy then. But anyway we'll be having free dinner and that's what matters" he said grinning to everyone as he went in his office.

"That's true" one replied as he went back to work.

"His personal life is not our business anyway" another one said as he shrugged and everyone nodded and went back to their work.

Taehyung didn't ponder on what they said about Jungkook and continued to look at cases. He was reading a book when someone knocked on the door.

"Come in" he said as he put down the book.

"Uhm, Mimi wanted to ask which place would you want your welcome party be held" a young woman poked her head and asked.

Taehyung never actually got to know the city of Seoul since when he was college so he was pretty unfamiliar when it comes to places and especially restaurant so he asked the employee instead.

"Wherever you'd want. Where would you recommend? I just got in the city a few months ago and I don't know if there are new famous restaurants" he said smiling.

The woman smiled and said, "Then you won't mind if we recommend this place? Prost Pub and Grill? It's one of the pub in the city and most of us are stressed and wanted to get wasted to forget about all the bad things" she said as she showed a picture of the place.

Taehyung looked and thought it was a good place and nodded. It was not only for him but for all of them who worked hard for the company.

"It's nice. This place then?" He asked to confirm.

The woman fidgeted and looked at him anxiously. Taehyung looked at him questioningly.

"Is there a problem?"

"Uuhhm, would you mind asking the chairman if this place is okay with him? Pretty please?" The woman pleaded.

"Uh, sure. But he did say that it's our decision" Taehyung replied as a matter of fact.

"But we still need his permission" the woman said.

"Anyway, ask him and inform us later. Buh-bye!" She said as she ran out.