Chapter 8

Hoseok explained all the details to Taehyung all the while Taehyung felt all the regret, the conscience and the sadness. He never knew he broke Jungkook that much.

Yoongi, who noticed his discomfort, patted him at the back.

"Don't worry. He's a tough nut to crack. Right now he most especially need your support. You just have to be right there for him" he said with a smile.

"Yeah, I bet Jungkook will suddenly feel energized when you're there. Even I, can't compete with you" Hoseok said jokingly.

Taehyung chuckled, "When did he___ when did he started drinking? Did I really pushed his button?" He asked as regret again overcame him.

"Yes, it was when you left but it was upto him to choose that path" Yoongi explained.

"We tried to be there for him hoping that we would at least ease his mind but it didn't work as he went to England to handle the small business his father wanted him to. He was still the Jungkook we know when he left but after 3 years, he came back and he changed. He was again the cold Jungkook" Jimin said.

"It is not entirely your fault Taehyung. It was his decision to become like this" Hoseok added.

"Yeah, but I triggered it" Taehyung murmured.

They finally arrived at the hospital and Taehyung felt more nervous. He don't know what to do or what to say. Jungkook had been cold towards him during their small interactions so he doesn't exactly know how to act towards him.

The 4 of them entered the room, Taehyung being even more nervous than ever. He fiddled with his fingers as he looked down. He was the last to enter the room and he could feel the atmosphere change.

He saw Jin smiling at him, at least Jin understood him. He looked over to the man beside Jin who was also smiling at him, showing him his dimple.

"Taehyung" Namjoon said as he went forward and engulfed the other into a tight hug.

"I'm sorry that our reunion is like this" he said as he looked at Taehyung sympathetically.

"It's okay. No one wanted this to happen anyway" he said as he flashed a small smile.

He hastily looked over Namjoon's shoulder, trying his best not to cry at the sight. Jungkook really does look worn out. When he left him that morning he was alright but now, it was like he haven't slept for days.

Namjoon gave way to him as Taehyung slowly went over Jungkook's side.

"We'll leave you two alone for awhile" Jin said as he dragged Namjoon and the others out.

When they were already outside, Taehyung can't help but let a tear escape his eyes.

He kneeled on the bedside and lowered his head as he slowly held Jungkook's hand.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything. I'm sorry for making you like this and I'm so sorry for leaving. If I did not leave, you would not be like this. We wouldn't be like this. I know I don't deserve your forgiveness, if I stayed, would we been happy?" He cried as he let out his feelings.

"No one knows what happens in the future. It all depends on ones decision on their life. I made mine and it was like this. We all have regrets that we want to change and for me it was leaving you. I know I can't go back and change the past, so I'm goint to dwell on the present and do everything to make it up to you" he said with pure determination.

The hand that he was holding suddenly gave a light squeeze. He hurriedly looked up as he saw Jungkook waking up.

He smiled happily as he got up and was about to leave and inform the others when the grip on his hand tightened.

"Don't leave. Please" Jungkook said through closed eyes and furrowed brows.

It looked like he was having a nightmare as he gripped Taehyung's hand even tighter.

Taehyung looked back as sadness loomed over his eyes. He gently stroke Jungkook's forehead as he softly whispered.

"Don't worry. I won't leave" he said smiling softly.

It took a minute for Jungkook to fully wake up and slowly opened his eyes. The others had already went inside as Taehyung informed them of Jungkook's situation. The doctor in charge was also called as he did a one sweep check up.

The group of friends surrounded him as their worried faces was changed into relief. Namjoon helped Jungkook sit up as he patted his back softly.

"Don't ever do that again, dimwit. What if no one ever saw you? What if something really bad happened? Huh?" Jin scolded

Jungkook just smiled anxiously.

"You should be greatful I'm not smacking you in the head right now" he said as he folded his arms in his chest.

"I am most thankful to recieve such pity" Jungkook said as he did the traditional bow.

All the while when the group bickered, Taehyung stayed at their backs, happy that they were all smiling once again.

He was about to leave when Jimin spoke.

"So you're just gonna leave again?" He said

All the boys looked back and stared at him. This was a compromising situation for him. He doesn't want to face Jungkook as he was embarrased by all he said awhile ago.

"Uuhhhmm, no. I was just gonna go and grab food for us to eat" he reasoned.

All eyes were still on him, especially those dark orbs.

"Oh, we can do that. You stay here and accompany Jungkook, we'll go and get food" Jin said.

"I'm gonna go and call Jungkook's parents" Hoseok said as he went out.

"We're coming with you." Jimin happily said.

So all of them left Taehyung and Jungkook in the room. Taehyung saw them all leave, pleading with his eyes hoping that one of them could see his misery.

'Really? Can't they read the atmosphere? Can't they see I don't want to be alone with him?' Taehyung said in his mind.

"Why are you standing there?" A voice from behind him spoke.

He slowly turned around as he flashed a nervous smile.

"Nothing" he said

"Then sit here" Jungkook calmly pointed at the chair beside the bed.

"Uuhh, no thanks. I'll sit on the couch." He said as he quickly made his way over the couch. Thanfully it was a VIP room giving it access to some materials.

Jungkook watched him with raised eyebrows.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, in Taehyung's point of view the question came to him as cold.

"Jimin came and informed me" he said looking down on his lap.

"Jimin?" Jungkook asked. He knew how angry Jimin is at the mention of Taehyung's name. Though he did notice that Jimin smiled at Taehyung just awhile ago.

Looking over at Taehyung he said, "Won't you look at me?"

----------------------------
I really hope that the characters make up soon. I know the readers are wishing the same thing.

But let's take it slow so that nothing bad will happen.😁😁

Thank you so much for the lovely comments you guys leave. 😁😁😊😊

I love you!🥰😍

_M.S.;_