|22| The unexpected

I am preparing breakfast when I hear the front door opening and Lily getting inside

I am preparing breakfast when I hear the front door opening and Lily getting inside. Her hair messy and with a hoodie over her dress.

"Had a good night?" I ask her from the kitchen.

She takes a while to answer, probably trying to figure out who is even talking as her eyes are almost closed because of the harsh light, and her eardrums probably still recovering from the loud music.

"I gave in a went to see Tara." She comes to the kitchen, wobbling a little.

"How did it go?" I ask curiously.

"Well at first she wasn't happy I called at her door at 4 am but then I explained to her how I was feeling lately, she said she was sorry and that she totally understands. Then I launched myself at her and we had make up sex on the sofa. I missed her and her tongue." She smiles big.

"Well, that seems like an eventful night." I laugh, used to the oversharing.

Our friendship is like that. There's nothing we don't tell one another or at least until now. I'm a hypocrite.

"What about yours though? Alex said you weren't feeling well." She asks.

"It was nothing don't worry, I was just tired and he was nice enough to get me home," I explain.

"Were you really tired or you came here to fuck him and both of you are just covering it up?" She spits out of nowhere with a sneaky smile.

She might be half asleep but her comments are always present. No matter her state or the situation.

"What?" I laugh.

"Come on I saw how you danced with him and have you seen him? He is tall as fuck, has amazing hair, and did you notice how perfect his butt is?" She rambles. "He is also funny and gentle, literally boyfriend material."

"We are friends Lily." I brush it off.

It's not the first time she implied me and Alex had something going on but our relationship is only platonic. He is my best friend, a very good one. And we would never do anything that could change that.

"So nothing happened then, you didn't sleep with him?" She pouts.

"No, I didn't." I hand her a plate of pancakes and coffee.

"Well I think you should." She happily takes the plate and goes to sit over the living room.

I follow her and sit down next to her.

"What about Meg?" I wonder getting out of the topic.

"She went home with some dude. Don't worry she is safe at home now." She reassures me.

"She is living the dream." I nod in approval.

"You could also live the dream, Alex's dream. But here you are acting like you are on celibate." There she goes again.