|34| The jealousy

"Ready?" He asks me passing me my bag

"I am." Taking I secure it around my shoulder and go towards the door.

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" He tries to convince me one more time of staying home for a little longer. Since the incident the last time, I have been staying with him the whole time, making sure he was okay. And also taking care of Rick.

"It will be fine, don't worry okay?" I smile at him trying to reassure him the best way I can. "I will be back in the afternoon."

"We still don't know who they are Danielle if they get to you I- I don't know what I would do." I hate that he feels this scared but I can't leave everything behind because of this.

"Miles has got my back and I never get out of the hospital, I will text you every hour." I kiss his cheek. "Everything will be fine."

"Every hour." He emphasizes as he takes my arm to kiss me on the lips. "I put more men on you, they will be scattered around." He let go of me.

"Okay, thank you." I smile again and get to the car where Miles is waiting.

"Can't believe he actually let you." Miles says as soon as I get inside.

"He can't decide over my life forever." I put some music on.

"You say that but I barely saw you these last few days, occupied huh?" He smirks.

"A lot actually." I match his smirk.

"Now for real, you seem happy and he does too so I'm happy for you both." He smiles.

"Thank you Miles." I say honestly.

"So what are we doing today?" He asks.

"I will keep the teaching, I think it's lab day today. So it will be easy to control everything as we will probably spend the day in a closed room." I reply.

"Perfect, that makes my work way easier." He nods in understanding.

"Matteo said he put more men on me." I half ask.

"Yeah since Rick is out he put some extra ones, you will be fully secure." He explains.

"It sounds like I'm an expensive vase in a museum." I let out an airy single chuckle.

"Way more than that, if you knew the amount of times he texts me to know if you are okay. He just cares a lot about you and since he can't be here himself he puts his best men." He replies with a smile.

"Don't worry now he will probably just text me, he made me promise I update him every hour." I laugh softly.

"Definitely sounds like him." He looks at me grinning and then focuses back on the road. "We are here."