|50| The unbelievable

Rolling around the bed I try to find my sleep but my mind just thinks about what it's going on in the house

Rolling around the bed I try to find my sleep but my mind just thinks about what it's going on in the house. Men in chains were brought here and that just make me wonder why here out of everywhere? And who are they?

I know there's only one way to find out and I also know I shouldn't do it but it's the only way left so when I make sure Miles is fully asleep I take my shoes off and sneak out the room. Is it stupid? Probably.

Moving around the hallway slowly I reach the stairs. The whole house is dark making it easy not to be noticed. I hear some voices coming from the kitchen and I take the advantage to move to the basement door, guessing they should be there.

My feet meet the cold stairs and instead of following the path to gym I turn to the left, a big metal door is slightly open. A long but narrow hallway is illuminated with a single lightbulb. Many doors to the sides and just one has some light coming from inside.

I distinguish Matteo's voice coming from it but can't really figure out what he says so I get closer. The door is not fully closed so I stay on the wall next to it.

"I won't ask you again, who do you work for and how did you get to them?" Matteo's voice is harsh.

So the men are people who work for the group he is trying to find.

"I won't tell you shit." A man says with difficulty.

"You killed them, even the innocent woman." He says and my body freezes. "Left kids without parents."

"And I'm not sorry." The man mutters without any care.

"You are going to be by the time I'm finished." Matteo's tone is cold, no hesitation.

I can't hear anything until a painful scream comes from the man and my brain finally unblocks the thought, he is torturing him.

My mind is fighting against my own principles. I know what he is doing is cruel but this people were worst and they are trying to destroy him. Maybe this is the only option left to know how to end it so I decide to risk it all.

"Matteo." I open the door and he turns around in shock.

"What are you doing here?" He moves up to me. "You have to leave, now."

"The tendons." I say slowly and he looks at me in confusion.

"What?" He asks confused.

"The tendons, legs, fingers. Cut that not his face. It won't kill him but the pain will be unbearable." I repeat and he looks at me as if he couldn't believe I'm saying that and honestly I can't believe it either.

"Danielle.." He whispers in disbelief.

"If you inject him a small dose of adrenaline it will keep him awake but will still feel the pain." I look behind him and the eyes of the man are staring right at me.