The pictures |Bonus chapter|

A few years later

A few years later

"And thirty! You all better be ready because I'm coming!" I shout around the house.

I can still hear the soft steps of them trying to get away. Maybe I should have given them more time to hide. Walking slowly towards the kitchen to give them a little more time I check around the island. No one is here.

Going to the dining room I get down on my knees and check under the table. I swear I heard them coming this way but maybe they moved. Getting up I check behind the plants, empty.

"You three are good at this game but I'm better!" I shout again.

"You aren't!" Miles shouts back from wherever he is hiding at.

"But I am! You just told me where you are!" I run to the living room and move the curtains. "I got you, pretty boy." I ruffle his hair. "Anything I can do for you to tell me where your sister and your dad are hiding?"

"No way, we are a team." He shakes his head. "And by the way, you aren't better." He smiles and I notice my mistake.

Turning around I see Matteo running towards the sofa, which is the safe point, with Vera on his arm.

"We won Mommy!" A very excited Vera touches the sofa to save herself.

"You were acting as bait. Smart move." I admit to Miles.

"It was daddy's idea." He smiles again.

"Sacrificing your own son for a win at hide and seek huh?" Sad move Matteo." I joke.

"We won, didn't we? You are just bitter." He jokes.

Walking up to Miles he highs five with him and then with Vera who is still smiling from ear to ear. For a four year old winning at hide and seek is like the biggest of victories.

"You did an amazing job sweetheart." I comb her blonde curls back.

"Can we play again? Daddy's turn to seek." She looks at me with that beautiful warm brown eyes.

"We played a lot today honey. Now we have to eat dinner and get ready for bed okay?" I explain and she nods, her soft curls bouncing.

"I will set the table up." Miles says before leaving for the kitchen and Vera follows right behind.

Today is been a long and difficult day. No matter how long it passes I will never be able to forget it. Matteo tries to get me occupied throughout the length of it so I don't have time to think. The kids also help and for a second while I'm with them I'm able to forget it but it always comes back.

"You okay?" He asks noticing straight away.

"I am, it's just hard." I half whisper. "Today makes ten years since he is gone." I try not to cry as I play with Miles' bracelet. I never took it off.