|28| The before it's too late

We finish up with the cereal and go back upstairs

We finish up with the cereal and go back upstairs. Him walking next to me until we reach my door.

"Tomorrow morning I won't be here, neither will Carlos. If you need anything just ask Felix." He says before I open my door. "I'm not sure when we will be back so do as you prefer with the day."

"Okay, thank you for telling me." I give him a nod and we separate ways.

I sit down on the bed and get back to what he said in the kitchen. If he was really saying that I'm the one that helps him then this might be harder and messier than I thought.

Getting in some comfortable clothes I lay on the bed and try my best to sleep. My brain has other plans and just keeps thinking about what will come out of this.  They didn't seem to have the situation under control and there was nothing I could do to even help. I was just a spectator, watching everything evolve hoping I don't get dragged right inside. More than what I'm already.

I was starting to notice that Matteo was not as confident as he always appears to be and that not only confuses me but scares me. If he is not capable of figuring this out who will?

Overthinking doesn't help so I try to stop my mind and get myself to sleep. It takes me a good amount of rolling around the bed to reach that. When I wake up it's like 1 pm and I decide to get out of bed. After a shower, I get out of my room and go to the kitchen. The room is empty and I notice a single note folded over the island. I move closer and read it without taking it away in case it's not for me.

"We are heading out, as I told you we don't know when we will come back so hopefully you will find a way to entertain yourself. As soon as I'm back we will talk about how we will do about your work."

ps. There's cheesecake in the fridge
-M

Smiling to myself I go to the fridge and take the cheesecake I couldn't even try yesterday. I make myself some coffee and enjoy my breakfast that's actually lunch.

Not sure of what to do next I take my time washing my dishes and decide to go to the gardens. I walk around and notice many men around different points. Some looking my way and others just minding their business.

I walk up to some fountain and sit down next to it. The day was absolutely gorgeous, with not a single cloud in sight.

"You must be Danielle." I turn around and find a young man next to me.

"I am, who are you?" I ask.

"Miles, Matteo trusted me to look out for you. I searched for you everywhere, thought I had failed my task already." He laughs.

"My bad, I didn't know what to do and I wandered around." I apologise.

"Don't worry, he said that you could do whatever. I won't get in your way, I will be like a ghost." He gives me a respectful smile.