That Night (Short)

Shuichi

     "Kokichi, you need to sleep, get away from the window." I try to reason with the shorter man. Kokichi doesn't move, only continues to scan the neighborhood for anything out of the ordinary. He's unsettled after what Kyota said, but I can't blame him. He doesn't have the skill of not letting shit get to you like that. 

"Please?" I ask one more time. Kokichi doesn't budge. "I'll sleep in your bed." 

Kokichi huffs before looking back at me. "I wanna lay with you, but I can't let anyone break in" He replies, his leg bouncing with anxiety. I set my hand on his leg before crouching to his level. Kokichi looks at me, his eyes holding panic and fear.

"I'll stay awake tonight, okay? If I stay up all night, will you feel safer?" I offer, taking his hand like it's the most fragile thing in the world. He shakes his head.

"You need to sleep, Shuichi. I'm sorry that I'm being stubborn." Kokichi apologizes. I shake my head and kiss the back of his hand.

"Don't apologize. I understand, entirely. C'mon, we can drift off together." I pull Kokichi up and onto the bed. He nods, giving in and laying down. I hit the lights and get under the covers with Kokichi. He lays on my chest, playing with my fingers as my eyes feel heavy.

"Shuichi?"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you." Kokichi whispers. I smile and squeeze his hand. We might as well get married.

"No need to thank me, Kokichi. I really like you. I liked you the moment we met. You're an intriguing enigma." I reply. 

"Can we get married now? Like skip the dating shit, be my husband." Kokichi says giggling. I chuckle, turning to face Kokichi. 

"I was just thinking that. Honestly, I've never felt like this, and so fast too." I explain. Kokichi smiles before kissing my forehead. That's not enough. I peck his lips repeatedly, hugging him close. Kokichi smiles before closing his eyes. 

"Careful, detective, you might be making a stripper fall in love with you." 

"Careful, stripper, you might be making a detective fall in love with you~"

~
I KNOW THIS IS SO SHORT! I am aware! But this is for my dearest Lola. She is going on a band trip and needs some entertainment for the car ride, so I grant her a short fluff. EVERYONE WISH LOLA LUCK ON HER BAND TRIP RIGHT NOW!

Love you guys, full chapter coming soon! :))