Chapter Nineteen: Why Would You Wish That, Sherlock?

I gathered myself together. I was finishing off buttoning the front of my dress. I had checked my make up and hair before looking over to a soundly asleep Sherlock. I lightly brushed my hand over his cheek, my heart soon sank. I had written Sherlock a note:

            Off to run errands. Hope you can forgive me.

            I walked down the stairs and said my goodbyes to Mrs. Hudson. As I walked out of that walk way of Sherlock's complex; my heart ached. I wanted to tell him the truth but my fear got the better of me. As I headed towards John's place, I noticed a line coming out of his building.

            "Excuse me," I asked the last girl in line, "What is this line for?"

            "Didn't you hear?" She replied with such happiness hinted in her tone. I shook my head, "Dr. Watson got dumped by his fiancé and now almost every women here wants their chance with him!"

            Was John always this popular? I walked pasted the line of women, only to get hackled from.

            "Who does she think she is?"

            "Wait in line like the rest of us, bitch."

            I managed to get myself to get into the lobby of his building, looking up the stairs only to see John coming out of his door: smiling.

            "All right ladies," I heard his voice yell. My heart started to race as I felt my cheeks flush. He was wiping his hands and had the biggest grin on his face. I should just leave right now, he seems to be doing better; I shouldn't ruin his happiness. "Who's next?"

            The girls started to giggle; talking to one another as if they also enjoyed this attention he was giving. Was he sleeping with these women? Was this his way on getting over me? I started to back away slowly, to head back to the door only to be interrupted by the umbrella tin. My heart stopped as the metallic sound chucked and clanked and rolled on the floor.

            "Olivia?" That sweet voice filling me up. My heart was already racing as I turned to having my eyes lock onto his. His voice shook a little with a hint panic. Even though I was the woman who left him, that loved another man; I couldn't help but feel betrayed. Who am I to judge though? I tried to open my mouth and say something but it was dry.

            The only thing I could do was continuing walking out of the building. I am such a coward, shedding tears for him when I was in the wrong. I was the one who fell in love with someone else; I fell in love with his best friend.

            "Olivia!" John, please just go back. Be with one of those women. Yet...my body froze. "Olivia!" I turned to only have tears streaming down my face. I gripped the fabric over my heart as I tried to look him in the eye.

            "Have you really gotten over me? In this way?" I choked out. Why am I like this? If John is seeing someone else, then he'll be safe. Him and Sherlock. Yet why was I not ready to completely let him go?