Chapter Six: It's For The Best, Mr. Holmes.

It was thirty minutes of silence, neither John nor Sherlock spoke after what was said. The family that I was sitting with sat there in silence, you could hear the tiniest squeak come from a mouse's mouth. I couldn't believe what happened, that Sherlock had the nerve to tell John how he felt. Why would he do it? All for a girl, who he couldn't even have.

I placed down my tea and gave the family a weak smile, "Thank you for having me." I spoke into a whisper, so that John and Sherlock wouldn't know that I heard their convocation. I slowly closed the cabin's door and took in a deep breathe. How could I act perfectly fine when I know Sherlock told John about me?

I couldn't stall anymore. I walked over to our cabin and knocked softly. Both of them stared at me; only John stood.

"Olivia, what are you doing here?" John asked shocked. I smiled at him and touched his hand.

"This is our cabin, isn't it? Or is this a no girls allow?" I smiled at him.

John gave me that light chuckle of his and pulled me close to him, "Well, that only applies to ugly hags. Thank goodness that you're beautiful, love." John gave me a light kiss and sat me down. I was sittig across from Sherlock, who had his arm resting on the windowsill; his chin was resting on his hand, where his eyes kept staring at me. His eyes just looked so sad but soon had a glimpse of mischievous. 

"Really Watson? I think she looks gorgeous; beautiful doesn't even describe her enough." He said, giving me that devilish grin and a wink. John pierced his lips together and clutch my hand tighter to his. John then kicked Sherlock in the shin, the tenion was so thick that you could cut it. I slapped John on his shoulder, I got up and headed towards the door.

"Where are you going?" John asked, worried. I gave him a kiss on the forehead and opened the door.

"Going to see if there's a trolly with food. I am straving." I smiled and closed the door. I started to head towards a different cart, to the lobby. No one was in there but I couldn't be in that room with John and Sherlock, it was just so awkward. Was I just like John though? Where Sherlock could possibly be my Mary and John is me?

"Tea, Miss?" A gentleman asked, I wasn't pay attention and grabbed the tea from the fellow, taking a sip. He sat across from me, where I saw his face.

"You!" I screamed while standing up but I was pushed back down into my seat by two large men.

"Hello, dear." Moriarty flased me his nasty grin while sipping on his tea, "Now Ms. Teller, you should really think of my proposition. I shall not hurt the man you love for I am a romantic myself."

I stared at him, pressure was still on me from the men. He bursted out into laughter, "Oh, joy! You don't even know who you love! This shall be far more fun now!" He grinned.

"You can't do that! I didn't agree with anything!" I shouted back, but I didn't move; my body was going numb.

"Oh, but you don't, my dear. Maybe I would do something that was so horrifying, that it brings me both Dr. Watson and Mr. Holmes right to me." He took one more ip of his tea before placing it down.  I could hear his laugh coming right through his teeth.

"Olivia?" No, don't come. Please, don't worry about me. I saw Moriarty get right up and going out the other door.

"Another time, Ms. Teller."

His men left with him, but my body still had no movement. I heard the door open and heard foot steps come from behind. A hand brushed my back and was still on my shoulder, where I gazed into his eyes; his beautiful eyes.

"Olivia, you shouldn't be alone." Sherlock spoke. I was too much in shock, I couldn't say a word to him. He brushed strains of hair out of my face and left his hand on my cheek. He rubbed my cheek; it was quite smoothing but it was wrong.

"Watson told me not to get near you, or be flirtatious. I think that kick to the shin will leave a mark, a giant bruise, that bastard." I couldn't do it, I couldn't do this to Sherlock or John. "I just don't see what the harm is, he doesn't know that I kissed you and I don't see why you can't see how much I lo-"

I placed my finger on Sherlock's lips, I gave him a weak smile; which he gave me one back. How wrong that smile meant.

"Just stop, Mr. Holmes." I stood up and started to walk back to our cabin, where Sherlock grabbed my wrist.

"What do you mean, Olivia?" His voice was cracking, he move his head to the side a bit and pulled me closer to him.

I had to stay calm, I know he can read right through me so easily.

"Just forget about me, Mr. Holmes. I am with Dr. Watson, just face it; I won't ever be with you." I tried to pull away but his face was inches away from mine.

"I know you're not serious." He was so cocky, so confident that he read me. His eyes were staring me down, he had a playful smirk on his lips; his breath tickling onto my lips.

"I won't ever love you. It's for the best," I said back; making 'you' longer then it should have been, I tried so hard to fight the tears. I had to look serious for him, if I didn't he would see through my lies. I have to protect Sherlock from Moriarty and John; if this means to hurt him, so be it.

I finally got my arm free and walked out the cart, I heard no footsteps following me. I walked over to the bathroom, in the original cart we had our cabin in, and cluntched my heart. Why did this hurt? I did the right thing, didn't I?

-------------------------------

Author's note:

Thank you for staying with me, just hit over 15 fans! I am so sorry for not updating. i was doing work plus summer school then I went to Maine for vacation and thought I had time to do this. You guys eally make me happy leaving comments on my stories so I know that my writing makes you happy! I hopefully can build up this story and have a contest so I can add another character into it! ;O be exciting!

Again thank you for fanning me, it means so much and you all motivate me to keep on writing this story!