Chapter 45: A Family!

Happy Reading ❤️

♣️♣️♣️

"They're yet to look the entire house so we have to wait for some more time. But there is still no guarantee that she's still in the house."

Oh no!

"But according to our resources, she has to be inside." Aiden stated clearly annoyed at the whole situation.

"They have around 7 more rooms to check apart from the basement and attic." Seb explained clearly restless about the whole situation.

"But they'll find her right?" I asked holding onto Sophia as I felt her press her cheek against my shoulder.

"They have to." Seb whispered before staring at the road impatiently.

♣️♣️♣️

It's been more than fifteen minutes since Seb returned with Sophia and there was still no sign of Hannah or Shane.

Sophia was starting to get cranky so I changed her into a fresh pair of PJ's that I had carried along and fed her some fruits before putting her to sleep in her car seat. I knew she would have a meltdown as soon as she wakes up but I had no intention of leaving without any one of my daughters.

I did actually plan on sending her home with Aiden but with everything that's been going on, I don't know how she would react being away from us.

I don't want to see her cry.

I just sat in the back seat waiting for any updates from Hannah as Sophia slept in her car seat.

"Hey" I turned towards Aiden as he leaned against the window.

"You okay?" He inquired softly after sometime.

"I don't know... What if they don't find her..."

"They will." He cut me off with stern look making me smile softly.

"I am so proud of you." I looked up at him as he said that.

"You know ever since you were born, you never really grew up for me. I know Dad can relate but anyways, now that I see you as mom... I realised that I've never actually seen you react to things so maturely before. Your life has been a mess for a couple of months now and you've faced it all like a queen." I smiled at his words as kept staring at me.

"Thank you." I whispered softly as he leaned in and placed a soft kiss on my forehead.

"You still need to check on some of your immature behaviours though." He muttered pulling away to stand straight.

I chuckled at his words before turning to look back at Sophia who seemed to be sleeping soundly after a long time.

♣️♣️♣️

After what felt like ages, we finally noticed Shane's car from a distance.

I rushed out of Seb's car following Seb and Aiden.

Hannah got down from the car with a bundle of blanket and a cheerful smile on her face.

Suddenly I see a pair of brown glassy eyes identical to Sophia's staring straight at me. It was like a deja vu when I first met Sophia.