Chapter 11: Family Picnic

"The household looks like a complete chaos." I heard my Dad say while he helped Maria and Aiden pack the food basket for the picnic.

We were currently in my apartment, packing up everything. Aiden, Dad and Maria packed food, Sebastian helped me packing stuff for Sophia while Mom took care of Sophia who was a bit cranky due to waking up early.

Sebastian and Aiden came early in the morning followed by my parents to help me with all the stuff. Melissa had volunteered to take responsibility of food, but we just decided we could carry some extra snacks and she seemed fine with that. According to her, as long as we finish all the food she prepared everything goes well.

It was surprising how everyone took this picnic plan so sportingly. They were all happy and excited. It was definitely a much needed break.

"Here you go." Sebastian said placing all the bags carrying Sophia's stuff on my bed.

"Anything else?" He looking at the bags before looking at me.

"Let me cross check everything first." I said picking up the list I had made, of all the things that are to be taken. I was still new to being a mom so just to avoid missing out on anything, I decided to make a list which I've been preparing since Friday night after Seb left dropping us to my apartment.

"Okay then. I'll go help Aiden in packing other stuff." I nodded at him before checking all the bags again.

Extra clothes. Check✓
Diapers. Check✓
Toys. Check✓
Blanket. Check✓
Bibs. Check✓
Napkins. Check✓
Milk bottles. Check✓
Sippers. Check✓
Baby food. Check✓
Pacifiers. Check✓
Burp clothes. Check✓
Pack of wipers. Check✓
Baby cream and powder. Check✓
Extra hat. Check✓

I sighed closing both the bags before taking them out in the drawing room.

"You guys seriously taking Monopoly?" I asked the boys who were busy packing 'entertainment stuff's as they call it. So far this entertainment stuff consisted Monopoly, cards, frisbee, some more board games, fishing rods and a lot of other stuff which is already packed

So far their entertainment stuff looks boring. But again it's their choice.

"Yeah. It is mainly for the parents who would be bored and we can have a lot of options to choose." Aiden replied not moving his eyes away from the cards.

Shrugging at them I moved towards Sophia who was playing with Mom while Dad and Maria sat on the dinning table.

"All done?" I asked looking around at the food baskets and bags.

That's a lot!

"Yeah." Maria nodded.

"Okay then, I'll help the boys put everything in the car, you ladies don't be late. We need to move. Come on boys." He said picking up the basket and moving towards the door. Seb and Aiden also picked up some of the stuff before moving out.

We were to go to Sebastian's parents house, and leave from there in a van because Melissa wanted the entire family in one vehicle.

I moved towards Sophia to check her diaper which was wet.

"I'll just change her diaper before moving down." I told Mom and Maria who nodded and Maria started moving her wheelchair out of the apartment.

♣️♣️♣️

"Ah uh don't touch that." I said taking the wire of Sebastian's power bank from Sophia which he had carelessly kept on her changing table.

She started crying as I took the wire from her.

"It's okay." I smiled at her before giving her little soft toy duck. She seemed distracted because she stopped crying and stared at it teary eyes. Wiping her face I picked out another diaper from the drawer.