Chapter 46: Adjustments

Happy Reading ❤️

️♣️♣️

We woke up early the next morning just to make sure that the kids were fine.

They were both probably very tired because none of them woke up in the middle of the night.

I made some cereal for myself before planning on a celebration to welcome Hazel in the family. We also had a lot of paperwork and legal stuff to take care of in order to legally adopt Hazel. Since they had already sent all the documents along with Sophia when she was brought to me, there wasn't much that we had to do. But now the case was different.

Lawyers suggested that we could maybe foster her but the last thing I wanted was for my baby to be dangling among officials every now and then. We also had already adopted Sophia and we didn't want Hazel to feel that she's any less of a family member. So we decided to go for adoption instead.

Since it was pretty early, Melissa was the only one online so we decided to plan a party for Hazel. We spoke about the food, the decorations and so on. She wanted the party to be at her place so I decided we could have some movie time or something here. Just the four of us and then have a celebration with everyone.

We were yet to know about Hazel. Her likes, her dislikes, her hobbies, everything. I cannot wait to get to know her. Since she can use Sophia's clothes and stuff for now, so I decided we could shop for her after sometime so that we can spend time with her now and get her to be comfortable around us. But at the same time, I could not wait to dress them up in similar outfits. That would be so cute.

Maybe we could buy some dresses today...

We also needed some extra bottles and sippers, a car seat, a high chair and some extra toys in case Sophia decides not to share. Aiden had volunteered to buy all those things with Mom's help. So I had just decided that Seb and I would  relax with the kids today and shop for everything else tomorrow.

Though both of them are still babies, unlike Hazel, Sophia was not even a year old when she was brought to us. So it was easier for her to adjust around us and vice versa. But Hazel is a bit older and is more aware of her surroundings so I was really nervous about her reaction.

I felt Seb place a soft kiss on cheek before placing a cup of hot cocoa infront of me.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked taking a seat as I stood up to place my bowl in the sink and turned around to pick my delicious beverage.

"I am nervous about her reaction when she gets up. I am really scared right now." I stated sincerely as he just sat there staring at me.

"Baby, I know it's going to be hard but we have to manage. We have to try our best to make her feel home. She's been in an environment that would be highly unsafe for a toddler like her so we have to be careful of our actions and make sure she's comfortable." I nodded at him before moving to prepare some breakfast for my twins.

I wonder how both of them would react around eachother. They've been separated at a very young age so I don't know if they would get along or quarrel all the time.

I finished preparing some pancakes for them as Seb finished his breakfast and did the dishes before moving upstairs to check on the kids. I put everything away before moving to sit in the living room and read some webpages on how to befriend toddlers for the first time.

I just want her first day with us to be perfect.

Seb suddenly walked in with Sophia in his arms.

"Hey baby!" I greeted as he sat next to me and she moved to sit between both of us.