Chapter 30: Sophia Turns 1

"Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy birthyday dear Sophia,
Happy birthday to you."

Seb and I sang softly as we clapped for our little girl. She giggled at our actions and buried her face in my shoulder.

My baby is one year old!!

Seb placed a soft kisses on her face as he helped me dress her in her cute little pjs.

"Are you excited for your little celebration with mommy and daddy?" I cooed as I placed her between the two of us

We helped her cut the cake as she started blabbering or rather attempting to sing making us giggle.

I had specifically tried making a carrot cake today.

You see, I may be serious when I said I wanted to incorporate some veggies in Sophia's diet. But I didn't really want to be so strict with her right now. However, it all started last week when I realized that Seb didn't like veggies too.

Melissa being an amazing chef, especially good with Italian dishes, I had actually expected him to be vegetable friendly and that oversmart, annoying human successfully kept it a secret from me. It was just last week that Aiden revealed his little secret to me and I wish I could capture his busted expressions on my camera.

So now we have more veggies in our meals.

I moaned at the taste of my cake. This recipe is actually amazing and I cannot believe that it was Ellie who suggested this one.

"It would have been really better if it was a chocolate cake." I glared at Seb as he stared at my cake with a frown on his face.

"Well Mr. Rayne, if you criticize my cake again, I'm gonna feed you salads for breakfast, lunch and dinner. You better not mess with my food." He raised his hands in surrender before taking another bite and kissing my cheek.

"I love you" He whispered in my ear and placed a quick kiss at the corner of my mouth.

I shook my head at his antics and stared at Sophia who was enjoying her cake oblivious to us.

"So now that we're done with cake, let's go clean up while Daddy can set up the photo booth." I stated before picking up Sophia while Seb smirked.

"I am gonna make you ladies proud." He remarked before moving to get the stuff.

After cleaning up Sophia we clicked some pictures with the photo booth and also at different section of the house especially the deck and the photo wall in Sophia's play room.

There after we enjoyed a little dance party. It wasn't anything special but just us making stupid moves and carrying Sophia while trying to move with the beats of the music.

Sophia was giggling  throughout and I could practically see how much both of them enjoyed it. I made sure I could record it in my camera so that I could show it to her at some point of time.