Chapter 37: Dream?

"Momma" I heard Sophia whimper as someone carried her to the door. She was struggling to escape them but I just stood frozen, staring at her as she cried for me.

"Moooommmaaaa!!!"

"Momma!"

I felt a small hand caress my face making me open my eyes.

"Momma!" I smiled at Sophia's excited face before looking around.

I sat up as soon as I recalled a woman claiming to be Sophia's mom.

Sophia moved forward to wipe out the fresh tears that rolled out of my eyes.

"Oh God! I was so scared" I whispered before placing her on my lap.

I hugged her as she giggled making me smile.

"Did you wake mommy up?" I heard Seb enter with Sophia's clothes and diaper bag.

So it was all a dream!

I don't know what I would do if any of it was true.

"How are you feeling?" Seb asked me before placing a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Good." I replied not looking away from Sophia.

I don't know how long we sat there but Seb suddenly held my hand making me look up at him. I noticed Melissa enter the room.

"Sophia, you wanna watch a movie with Grandma?" She asked before picking her up.

"I'll put her to bed." She said before picking up Sophia's stuff and moving out.

I was about to stop her from moving out, not wanting to be away from Sophia after that nightmare.

"Let them leave." I heard Seb and frowned at him.

Aiden and Ellie soon entered the room. Looking at their expressions, I felt my stomach drop.

"I spoke to Suzanne, told her to meet us tomorrow." I turned my face to Seb.

That was not a dream?

"Andy?" I heard Ellie call out softly as I sat there thinking about my conversation with my daughter's possible biological mother and my separation from Sophia. I looked at at Seb to see him struggling control his emotions making me burst into tears burying my face in his chest.

"I can't lose her!"

"Please."

I whispered softly as I broke the hug to hold his face, only to realise he was crying as well.

" Guys, you need to stop panicking. Just because she has some pictures, doesn't mean that she's telling you the truth. We cannot trust her just like that." I sighed nodding my head at Aiden's words.

" We've called her tomorrow, and will take her sample to conduct DNA tests." Seb informed wiping his tears.

"Did she agree for the test?" I asked
Aiden but he roll his eyes.

"Why do you have to tell her that?" I frowned at his question.

"Rea, like Aiden said, we cannot trust her yet, so we'll just have to be sneaky about it." I sighed before hugging him again.

"What if it's still a match?" I asked softly with a heavy heart.

"We would still be Sophia's parents legally. So if at all it's a match, we'll figure something out." Seb replied softly tightening his arms around me.

"No matter what, we're not letting her go, okay?" He placed a soft kiss on my forehead as he shared a look with Aiden, who nodded at him and moved out while furiously typing something on his phone.