Chapter 14: A Date?

Thank you so much for voting and supporting my work💕

"Where are we going?" Sebastian asked me for the 12th time making me roll my eyes.

"You would know when we get there." I said not moving my eyes from the road.

"You know, I love surprises. But it's only when I am the one giving them and not the other way around." I heard him sigh.

Well I don't like surprises myself...

So I decided to divert his mind from where we were going.

"I spoke to my Dad by the way. About Aiden and Ellie." I said turning the indicator on before taking a turn.

"Oh, what did he say?" He asked turning a little towards me so that he was facing me.

"He said he would talk to him and try to know what he actually wants."

"Oh, okay. But do you think it would work?" I shrugged at his question.

"They are two different personalities... It is as if they let their ego take charge of them. I mean, they always end up clashing and I don't even know if it's because of their egoistic personality...more like Aiden's egoistic personality or something else." I said rolling my eyes. "The annoying part is that they are so good at masking their feelings that you cannot even point out if they have feelings for each other. So the only solution I see right now is someone knocking some sense into them. But if this doesn't work... I don't know what I am supposed to do."

"Don't worry we'll figure something out."

I nodded at him before parking the car.

"Now I know this is not something that you imagined me to take you to, but this place means a lot to me and I want you to come with me." I said looking at him while he looked at the sign board on the gate.

Cemetery.

Unbuckling my see belt, I got out of the car, picking up the bouquet of flowers, before looking at him.

Walking inside I stopped at a grave in the corner.

Elizabeth Amanda Sanchez
(1949-2017)
Born: 30 April 1949
Died: 17 November 2017

Kneeling down I placed the flowers at her grave. I felt Sebastian seating beside me. Somehow looking at her grave, brought all those memories back.

I should have stayed with her instead of sending her with Veronica. I knew I failed as her grand daughter and there is nothing that I can do to make things better.

"I am sorry." I found myself wispering as  tears rolled down from my eyes.

"I am so sorry Grandma." I placed my forehead on her grave crying hysterically.

I felt Sebastian's hand on my shoulder. Moving up I hugged him, placing my head on his chest. He placed his chin on the crown of my head moving his hand up and down on my back.

I don't know how long we stayed like that, but I couldn't help myself. He didn't say anything, but kept moving his hand which was my source of solace.

"She kk..killed her." I sobbed in his chest tightening my hold on him.

♣️♣️♣️

From his expressions, it was clear how shocked he was.

We all know Veronica as a crazy bitch but never did we imagine her to stoop so low.

"So everyone knows now?"