1: "It was a necklace. A charming, silver necklace with an airplane pendant."

I
u n r e v i s e d

** thank you for reading this! It starts off soooo sucky but I promise it gets better! Thank you for hanging in there. - Sam **

Everyone walked out of the church, happy smiles on their faces. My face mirrored theirs as I greeted everybody I knew, which was practically everyone here. "Iris, wait!"

I turned around and seen Alonzo walking over to me. I smiled "Hey Alonzo."

He smiled, "Hey, um.. A couple of us were gonna go out and have some frozen yogurt, you wanna come?"

I bit my lip at the thought of my asking my father. "I'm gonna have to ask my dad first."

He nodded. "That's okay, I'll wait for you at my car." I nodded and turned around, walking over to my family, who consisted of five people: My mother Diane, My father Christopher, My brother Adam, my older sister Holly, and my twin sister Gaby.

We're not Identical twins, we actually look far different from one another. "Daddy." I said, as I walked up to him.

"Yes, sweetheart?" He turned around to look at me. I scratched the back of my neck nervously, "Can I go with Jacob to get some frozen yogurt?"

He raised his eyebrow. "Alone?"

I shook my head in response. "No. No, with some friends."

He shook his head, "No, you know how I feel about you going out alone, Iris."

I frowned and nodded my head in defeat, "Fine."

He never let's me do anything. My mom sighed, wrapping her arm around my shoulder. "I'm sorry, honey." She gave me a small, sympathetic smile and I just shrugged, "It's okay."

"I'll take her dad." Adam said, looking at my father. "I'll make sure she's safe."

My father sighed, looking at me before nodding his head. "Fine and don't be too long."

He nodded and looked at me, motioning with his head to his car. "Come on, kid."

I smiled and walked with him to his car. We got inside and he started it up before, driving off. "God, he makes it seem as if you asked to go to a damn club, what the hell is wrong with that dick?" Adam cursed as soon as he caught his breath.

I sighed, he always spoke this way about my father, you want to know why? Because my father is extremely strict and I think the reason Adam resents him is because he's making Adam go into the path of being a priest, when we all know that's not what Adam wants. But you can't argue with my father, What he says, goes.

I bit my lip, "I know he's an A-hole sometimes but he's still your father, Adam." I replied and he scoffed.

"Don't remind me." He sighed, glancing at me "It's just that we all go through it but it's like he's being hard on you especially. I mean, Holly is doing things that are most despicable but here he is, picking on you, the most innocent one out of all of us."

I bit my lip, its true. My sister Holly is very um... she.... Oh gosh, she's a slut. She's known as a slut by the whole town but my father doesn't seem to notice.

Gaby, is just Gaby. She's kind of like the cheeky, outspoken one. She's already had three boyfriends and she's got a tattoo on her left hip of a butterfly - my father doesn't know about any of that either.

Adam, drinks and smokes -which I hate so he never does it in front of me, he's also had a couple of girlfriends which my father doesn't know about.

Me, on the other hand, has never cussed, smoked, drank any alcohol or had a boyfriend but yet, I'm the one he's always grilling to do homework and never allows me to go out after eight. I'm honestly the most innocent child he has but I'm the one he doesn't trust and feels the need to be over-protective for.

Adam parked the car next to a black Range Rover and we both go out. We walked inside the mall and towards the food court. I saw Jacob and a couple of friends sitting at a table. I looked at Adam and he smiled, nodding his head "Go, enjoy yourself. I'll walk call me when you're ready to go."

I nodded, smiling at him "Thanks." I said, before walking to Jacob's table.

I giggled, walking next to Alonzo through the mall. Our other friends had gone home and it was just the two of us, walking around.

"So.." He said, biting his lip. He looks me up and down and I see something change in his eyes.

I smiled. "So wha-" I was cut off by someone screaming. I looked up and saw a woman standing nearby two guys who were having a brawl. I gasped as the two of them fought furiously with one another. A couple of guys broke the two of them apart. Three guys pulled the one guy, who looked close to my age and like he was winning the fight, towards us.

Alonzo pulled me out of the way, I didn't look at him. For some reason I couldn't take my eyes off of the guy who had fought.

He pulled himself out of his friends' grip and began walking our way. As he passed me, he glanced my way. My breath hitched when I saw his eyes that were pitch black. I felt fear rise in me as he stopped right in front of us, looking at Alonzo before looking at me. "BOYS, Let's go." He yelled, making me jump slightly.

He didn't take his eyes off of me, until he walked away with his friends. Alonzo sighed "Well, that was intense."

I nodded "Yeah.." I furrowed my eyebrows, beginning to walk again with Alonzo. We looked at the guy who he was fighting with and woah..... To say he got a beating would be an understatement. Adam walked up to Alonzo and I. "Iris, we gotta go."

I nodded an okay. I looked over at Alonzo and smiled at him "Thanks for today, Alonzo."

He nodded, smiling back at me. "You're welcome."

I walked with Adam outside and to his car. I noticed the black Range Rover that was parked next to us was gone, I also noticed there was something laying on the floor where the Range Rover was parked. I reached down and picked it up. It was a necklace, a charming, silver necklace with an airplane pendant. I furrowed my eyebrows and got in the car.

"What's that?" Adam asked me, looking at the necklace.

"A necklace." I held it up and he nodded "Oh, cool."

I nodded slowly, "Yeah... Cool."

___________
First chapter, Kinda nervous 🥲

I decided to write a Jason McCann story because most of mine are Justin Bieber.

I didn't change the man, i just changed his name ;)

make sure to like and comment <3

- sam 💞