c h a p t e r 12

XII
u n r e v i s e d
__________
Hit that STAR to vote!
Follow me for more!

J A S O N

Loud music ran through my ears as I made my way through the sweaty teenagers dancing to the sick beats that blasted via the sound system. I stepped outside, seeing teenagers out here, dancing too. I sighed, pulling out my pack of cigarettes from my pocket, putting one in between my lips and lighting it up. I rested my head against the wall of the house, exhaling the smoke from my mouth.

Normally I would be flirting with a girl, who's name I'd forget in the morning after I've banged her at her house but not tonight. Each time I tried talking to another girl, I think of Iris and end up deciding against it. I don't know what I expect to happen between her and I, we could never be. She and I are so different -her father's the fucking priest for Christ's sake! And I'm a criminal, a cold blooded criminal that's wanted by every single law enforcement around the world but they could never manage to find enough evidence to lock me up.

I took another puff of my cigarette, the two of us are from two totally different worlds, she's such a good person and I'm just.. All bad, not a single ounce of good in me -some even say I don't have a heart and they're right, I don't. But somehow when I'm around her, I feel nervous. My pulse rises and my palms get sweaty. She doesn't throw herself at me like most girls do, no, she treats me like her best friend -that thought made me kind of depressed, that's all she'll ever think of me, a friend. I began walking down the front steps, having had enough of this party and its only eleven o'clock. I tossed my cigarette to the side, shoving my hands in my pockets as I began walking down the street to my car. As I passed a white car I heard whimpering. I furrowed my eyebrows and glanced at the back of the car, seeing a girl sitting with her knees pulled to her chest and her head resting against them. I cleared my throat

"Um.. Are you okay?" I asked awkwardly. The girl looked up and my eyes widened. "Iris?"

I walked over quickly and crouched down next to her, "Sweetheart, what's wrong? Why are you out here?"

She sniffled, "I-i came t-to the p-party w-with Holly -and t- then s-she left me w-with Tristan s-so he made m-me drink something. I-i got d-dizzy and then i-i came o-out here....I told Holly I d-dont feel g-good tthen she j-just said I was being a w-wimp." She shook her head, tears running down her cheeks "S-she said it in front of e-everyone, Jason. They w-were all laughing a-at m-me. I-i swear, t-there was s-something w-wrong with that drink, it's n-not my f-fault."

I nodded and reached forward, picking her up from the floor "It's okay, princess. I'll take you home."

I carried her over to my car, placing her in the passenger seat before running over to my side and starting it up.

...

I stood outside her balcony doors for a couple of minutes while she sneaked in through the front. The doors swung open after a few moments and I walked inside. "I'm just gonna go clean up a little." She whispered, pointing to the bathroom. I nodded.

"Okay."

I walked over to her bed and took a seat while she finished up in the bathroom. A couple of moments later, she came out of the bathroom wearing plaid pyjama shorts and a black tank top with her hair up in a messy pony tail. She came to sit next to me and sighed, laying her head on my shoulder "I'm sorry."

I furrowed my eyebrows, wrapping my arms around her body. "Sorry for what?"

She shrugged "For crying like a stupid little baby."

I shook my head "No, it wasn't like that. Hey.." I tilted her head up "Don't be sorry, okay? It wasn't your fault."

She shook her head, "I knew I shouldn't have gone to that party."

I raised my eyebrow. "So, Holly took you?"

She nodded and I did the same "And then Tristan gave you a drink that was drugged?"

She shrugged "I don't know if it was drugged but after I drank that I felt really dizzy and the cup was only half full." I bit my lip, twirling a piece of her hair around my finger.

"What did the drink look like?"

She furrowed her eyebrows, looking in deep thought before she said "It looked like Vodka, I think.. It was transparent."

I nodded "Then it must be Vodka, that couldn't have knocked you out with only half a cup, it must've been drugged."

She frowned, "Why would Tristan do that?"

I sighed "I don't know, maybe he wanted to get you into bed or something.."

Her frown deepened and she looked down at her fingers "Oh."

She looked at me, her eyes a little swollen from crying. I kissed her forehead.

"You should go to sleep, that'll make you feel better."

She nodded and I stood up, allowing her to lay down on her bed. She got under the covers and laid her head on the pillow "Jase." She whispered, making my lips twitch up in a smile.

"Yes, princess?" I crouched down in front of her, smoothing out her hair. She bit her lip.

"Can you stay with me for a little while?"

I blinked for a couple of seconds, staring at her before I licked my lips "What about your parents?"

"My door's locked." She whispered, staring at me with those gorgeous eyes of hers. I smiled, biting my lip.

"Okay, I'll stay."

She smiled and scooted over, giving me some space to lay down. I held back my smile as I took of my jacket and shoes before sliding in next to her. I hesitated a second before slowly reaching forward and wrapping my arms around her waist, pulling her closer to me. She froze for a second before relaxing into my arms, burying her head in my neck. I nuzzled my face in her hair, smelling her delicious scent. Hmm... I could get used to this.

"Thank you for helping me, Jase." She whispered, fiddling with the edge of my shirt. I smiled, kissing her cheek.

"You're welcome, princess."

________________________
Thank you guys for reading!

I hope you're enjoying the story!

Also you can purchase this cute pj set like the one Iris has.

It's on SHEIN.com for only $9 USD 😉.

Let me know what you think <3

-Sam 💞