c h a p t e r 8

VIII
u n r e v i s e d
__________
Hit that STAR to vote!
Follow me for more!

Gaby and I ran quickly up the front steps of the school while Holly strolled behind us.

"I'll see you later." Gaby said before running to her class.

I nodded before running to mine. All of us had managed to oversleep this morning so now I was late for class. I stumbled into English class, feeling everyone's eyes on me. I walked up to the teacher. "I'm sorry for being late."

He nodded "It's okay, Iris. Take a seat."

"Well that's not fair!" Macy said, folding her arms across her chest. Mr. O'neill raised his eyebrows.

"What's not fair, Ms. Olson?"

She smirked "When we come late, we get a detention slip, why doesn't she get one?"

Mr. O'neill sighed, looking at me "Iris, I'm sorry but..."

I nodded "It's fine, I'll take it."

He handed me a detention slip and I took my seat. Mr. O'neill began going on with his lesson while I took out my books.

...

I held onto my backpack as I made my way to detention class. I looked down at my feet as I was walking and bumped into someone "Oops, I'm sorry."

I looked up and saw Jason smiling down at me "It's okay, princess." He furrowed his eyebrows, "Where are you off to in such a rush?"

I sighed, "I have detention."

His eyes widened "YOU have detention? No way, what did you do?"

I shrugged "I came late."

He nodded "Okay then..." He smiled, "Well, then its your lucky day."

I raised my eyebrows "Oh really?"

He nodded "I've got detention too. Well, I have detention everyday but I've made a decision of actually attending it today, just for you." I rolled my eyes, my lips quirking up.

"How nice of you."

He held out his arm and I giggled, holding onto it as we walked to detention class. He pushed the door open, allowing me to walk in first before he followed after me. Holly and her friends were sitting at one of the tables, talking but stopped when we walked in. Holly's jaw dropped at the sight of Jason and I together. I walked over to a table that was far away from them and sat down. Jason came to sit with me, looking back at Holly before looking at me.

"So, its kind of like a family reunion thing going on in here, huh?"

I laughed, shaking my head "No, this is her second home, I'm kind of like an intruder."

He chuckled, leaning forward onto the table "thought you were."

I giggled and felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pulled it out and saw I had a text from Gaby.

From: Gaby 💙
To: Iris 🦋

Where are you?! I'm waiting outside.

From: Iris 🦋
To: Gaby 💙

I got detention :(

I replied before placing my phone back on the table.

"Is that your phone?" Jason asked, motioning to it. I rolled my eyes "No, its my grandma's."

He chuckled, rolling his eyes before grabbing my phone. I raised my eyebrow, "What do you think you're doing?"

He shrugged "Putting my number on your phone, what else?" He tapped on my phone's screen a couple of times before his phone started ringing, he tapped on my phone again before handing it back to me. I smiled and shoved it into my pocket. I reached down into my backpack and pulled out my maths book.

"What's that?"

I shrugged, "Homework."

He nodded, watching me finish it up. "I don't know how you can do that." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What do you mean?"

He pointed to my book "That. I don't get it. It doesn't make any sense."

I bit my lip, "It does, you just have to try and understand it." I smirked at him "but you can't do that if you keep cutting class."

He rolled his eyes, his lips curving up into a smile "Whatever." I smiled.

"I can help you with it if you want?"

He bit his lip, looking into my eyes and this time, I didn't look away. "Okay..." He smirked "If it means l'Il
get to spend more time with you then I don't mind."

I rolled my eyes, my cheeks heating up. He smiled, pinching my cheeks "Aww, princess is blushing. So cute!" He teased.

I shoved his hand away and giggled "Shut up."

He smiled, placing his elbow on the table and his chin in the palm of his hand "Your giggles are the cutest giggle ever."

I blinked at him before looking down at my lap, my cheeks turning red "That's sweet." I smiled at him and he smiled back.

"Hi, Jason." Holly said, coming to sit next to him. He rolled his eyes before nodding at her "Sup."

He leaned back into his chair. "Are you going to Robin's party on Friday night?" She asked, twirling a piece of her hair around her index finger.

He shrugged, looking at me "Are you going?"

I raised my eyebrows "Me?"

He nodded and I shook my head "No, that's not my thing."

He frowned before looking at her and shaking his head, "Nah, I don't think I'm going."

She frowned, looking at me. I raised my eyebrows, mouthing 'what?. She widened her eyes, mouthing 'say you'll come!' I shook my head 'no!' She pouted her lips 'please?. I sighed, rolling my eyes before looking at Jason, who was playing on his phone

"Jason." He looked at me and raised his eyebrows

"Yeah?"

I smiled, "You should go to the party, I heard its really fun."

He furrowed his eyebrows, "If its so fun, then why aren't you going?"

I sighed, "My parents would never let me go and I have an assignment due on Monday that I haven't even started on yet."

He bit his lip, shaking his head "I don't wanna go."

I pouted out my bottom lip, "Please? Then you can tell me what happened and maybe next time I'll go too."

He sighed, looking at me before nodding his head! "Okay, l'Il go."

Holly squealed "Yay! Can't wait to see you there!"

She got up and walked over to her friends. Jason looked at me, shaking his head. "I'm not going to that party."

I pouted my lips. "Please Jason, you have to go or else she'll give me hell."

He groaned "Fine. But you owe me, big time."

I smiled and nodded my head "I know. Thank you."

He smirked and tilted his head to the side, pointing to his cheek "A little kiss and you're off the hook."

I rolled my eyes, leaning in quickly and kissing his cheek. He grinned, looking at me.

"Aww."

I rolled my eyes, my cheeks burning "Shut up."

________________________
Thank you guys for reading!

How do you guys like Jason so far?

The attached video is what I imagine jason acting when he said "your giggles are cute." 😭

Let me know what you think <3

-Sam 💞