c h a p t e r 19

XIX
u n r e v i s e d
__________
Hit that STAR to vote!
Follow me for more (:

I clutched my textbooks to my chest, walking down the hallway, trying to get to my locker. I tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear and looked down at my feet as I walked. "Oof!" I heard as I bumped into someone. I looked up and saw Greg, the biggest jerk-no, bully, at our school. I felt fear rise in me as his eyes turned to slits.

"Watch where you're going, you little bitch."

I took a step back, shaking my head. "I-i'm sorry. I didn't se-"

He hit my books out of my hands, letting them scatter all over the floor, catching people's attention. He stepped closer to me, towering over me, "What you gonna do, Church girl?"

He taunted, smirking at me. I bit my lip. "I-i said I'm s-sorry." He glared at me before pulling his hand back, I shut my eyes, standing frozen to my spot. I waited but felt nothing. I heard a bang and my eyes shot open, seeing Greg being held up against the lockers by Jason.

"Say you're sorry, you little punk."

Jason hissed, shoving Greg higher up the lockers. I stared at the two of them with my lips parted, not being able to move from my spot. Greg chuckled nervously, "Woah man, relax, I was just messing around."

Jason narrowed his eyes at him. "I didn't ask what you were doing, I said say sorry." Jason growled, pulling his arm back, getting ready to punch him.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry Iris." Greg said quickly, looking at me for a second before looking back at Jason.

"You leave her the fuck alone, do you hear me?"

Greg nodded his head fast before Jason shoved him off of the lockers, allowing him to scurry away. Jason turned to me, looking down at my books on the floor before picking them up. He walked over to me, handing over the books. I blinked a couple of times before coming to my senses and taking them out of his hand.

"Thank you, Jason." I said quietly, holding my books against my chest. He nodded, scratching the back of his neck.

"No problem."

I bit my lip "You have english right now, right?"

He nodded, stuffing his hands in his pockets "Yeah."

I gave him a small smile "Great, wanna walk with me?"

He looked at me, his eyebrows slightly furrowed before he smiled, nodding is head. "Alright then." He turned around and we began walking to our next class, "Um. Iris? I have a favor to ask you."

I raised my eyebrows "Yeah?"

He bit his lip, "I need some help studying for that maths test tomorrow and last time you said you could help me, so I was wondering if maybe you could come over today and... Help me?"

He asked me nervously, not looking at me. I shrugged "Sure, I'll help you."

He smiled, "Really?"

I nodded. "Yeah.. But you have your car, right? Because I'm not walking in this storm."

He chuckled, nodding his head. "Yeah, I have my car."

...

"Is this right?" Jason asked, pushing forward the mini test that I gave him. I bit my lip, going through all of his answers. "Don't do that." I heard him say, making me look up at him.

"What?"

He shrugged leaning his head back on the edge of his bed as we sat on the floor. "Don't bite your lip, I'm already struggling to hold back the urge of kissing you and with you biting your lip, I'm not sure if I'll be able to stop myself."

I felt my cheeks burn and I looked down at my lap, "Oh, I'm sorry."

He nodded, turning his head to look at me "So, are they wrong?"

I scanned the page before smiling and shaking my head "No, they're actually all right, Jason."

He smiled, "Really?"

I nodded "Yeah. Although..." I moved closer to him, pointing to one of the equations. "This one could be done in a quicker way, you used the longer version, which is fine but the other one is much more easier."

I felt his stare on me and I looked up, making eye contact with him. He cleared his throat, breaking his stare and looking at the page, "Okay, cool."

I nodded, looking at the page too "Cool." I heard my phone ringing and I reached into my pocket, putting it to my ear.

"Hello?" I answered, standing up from the floor.

"Iris, where are you? Mom and dad are freaking out." Gaby said into the speaker of the phone.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Why? It's only four p.m. I told mom I'll be tutoring one of my friends."

She sighed, "Apparently, this storm is getting worse and they're blocking down all of the main roads, which means you won't be able to come home tonight.

My eyes widened, processing her words. "What? No, no, I have to come home."

I looked at Jason and he stared at me with furrowed eyebrows. "Where are you anyway?" She asked, sounding confused.

I bit my lip, "At Jason's house."

She gasped "Oh my god, dad's gonna kill you."

I  rolled my eyes. "Shut up. I need you to cover for me, Gabs."

She chuckled, "Yeah, yeah okay. I'll call Rita and tell her to pretend to be her mom and say you'll sleep over at her house."

I let out a sigh, "Thanks Gaby."

"Yeah okay..." I could sense her smirk as she said, "Don't have too much fun, okay?" I rolled my eyes and hung up.

"Who was that?" Jason asked from behind me. I bit my lip.

"Um.. That was Gaby, she says that because of the storm, all the main roads are being closed down so.." I sighed, "Is it okay if I stay over here, tonight?"

He bit his lip "What about your parents?"

I shrugged, "Gaby said she'll cover for me."

He licked his lips, a small smile on his face, "Yeah, sure you can stay."

I smiled slightly, "Thanks."

I sat down next to him again, showing him the other method of doing the sum. Something in the back of my mind told me that tonight was gonna be very long and eventful.

___________________
-Sam 💞