c h a p t e r 10

X
u n r e v i s e d
_________
Hit that STAR to vote!
Follow me for more!

I walked into English class, taking my seat. Holly and her friends were gossiping while sitting in front of me. I overheard Holly say "I can't believe Jason hooked up with Barbara! She is totally gonna regret messing with what's mine."

I sighed and without thinking I said, "He didn't hook up with her, they just made out."

All three of them looked at me and Holly raised her eyebrow. "How would you know?"

I bit my lip, shrugging my shoulders. "He told me."

"When?" She asked, her eyebrows furrowed. I cleared my throat.

"On Saturday morning."

She raised her eyebrow "How?"

I licked my lips "Um. He.... Uh.... He came to see me really late on Friday night and asked me to go with him to his friend's house."

She narrowed her eyes "And did you?"

"No, you know I wouldn't do that. Dad would kill me." I lied, fiddling with my fingers under my desk. She nodded, frowning slightly.

"Why would he want you to go with him anyway?"

Ouch. That hurt. Why not me? She turned back to her friends and started gossiping again. I sighed, paying attention to the teacher.

...

I walked down the front steps of the school, walking over to the bench that I always sat at. Jason was once again leaning against the wall, smoking a cigarette. I smirked, placing my bag on the bench. "Are you doing this on purpose?"

His head snapped to me and he smiled, blowing the smoke out of his mouth. "Maybe I am, what you gonna do about it, princess?"

I giggled, rolling my eyes before sitting down and pulling out my sketch book. I looked over at him for a second before paging through my book. "You shouldn't smoke, it's not good for you."

I heard him sigh and he tossed the cigarette on the floor, stepping on it. "I know but I told you, its a habit I can't seem to get rid of." He walked over to the bench, taking my bag off and placing it on the floor. He laid down, flat on his back and took my sketch book off my lap, replacing it with his head. I raised my eyebrow.

"I was gonna draw something on that book, you know."

He shrugged, placing the book in my backpack. I bit my lip, running my hand through his hair and OH. MY. GOSH. It was so soft! I used my right hand to rub small circles on his chest. He closed his eyes, letting out a long sigh. I ran my finger up from his chest to his face, drawing shapes on his cheek. We sat in silence while I continued to do that and play with his hair. Then. Out of the blue... He started snoring, REALLY loud.

I tried holding back my laughter but I couldn't and bursted into a fit of giggles. His lips twitched upwards and that's when I realised he wasn't sleeping. He opened up his eyes, smiling fully now "Did you really think I snore like that?"

I nodded, still laughing.

He chuckled "Gross. No!"

I giggled and shook my head "You're an idiot."

Someone cleared their throat and both of us looked up, seeing Holly and Macy standing at the bottom of the front steps. I gulped, looking down at Jason. He raised an eyebrow at them "Do you want something?"

I looked up to see Holly staring at him and I with her eyes narrowed before she shook her head "No."

She raised her eyebrow at me, "Shouldn't you be in class, Iris?"

Jason answered for me. "She's got a free period."

Holly nodded slowly, her eyes twitching between him and I before she turned around and ran up the steps with Macy trailing behind her. I sighed, "She's gonna ask me a whole lotta questions at home."

He sat up and looked at me, "Like what?"

I shrugged "Why I was here with you, what did we talk about."

He licked his lips, wrapping his arm around the back of the bench. "Then just don't answer her."

I bit my lip "I already lied to her this morning about Friday night."

He raised his eyebrows "About what?"

I sighed, "I told her you were at our house and asked me to take a drive with you but I said no."

He frowned "Why'd you tell her that?"

"Because if she knew the truth, she'd get mad and tell my parents. Then they'll forbid me from being friends with you and....... I don't want that." I said, looking down at my fingers in my lap.

"I don't want that either." He said, twirling a piece of my hair around his finger. "So Holly would actually do that?"

I nodded, looking up at him.

He sighed, "Then I guess you did the right thing by lying to her."

I bit my lip. "That's the first time I've ever lied to my sister." Smiling cheekily, "You're a terrible influence, Jason."

He chuckled, ruffling up my hair "I'm sorry, princess."

I furrowed my eyebrows, my lips twitching upwards. "Why do you always call me that?"

He furrowed his eyebrows "What?"

I bit my lip "Princess."

He smiled, "Well, because.." He motioned with two fingers for me to come closer. I leaned forward and he did the same. "You are a princess.... MY princess." He whispered in my ear before kissing my cheek, just in time for the siren to go off.

________________________
Thank you guys for reading!

Awww Jason is so cute.

Let me know what you think!! <3

-Sam 💞