c h a p t e r 39

XXXIX
u n r e v i s e d
_______
Hit that STAR to vote!
Follow me for more (:

"Come on, Iris." Adam called from downstairs.

"Coming." I said, pulling my grey jumper over my head. I took a look in the mirror, nodding in a approval at my tight blue skinny jeans and glittery grey jumper. My black converse trudged down the stairs and outside to where my brother was waiting for me in his car. I got inside and he drove off to Jason's house. As he pulled up the driveway he looked at me, a small smile on his face.

"I can't believe you actually told him the truth. I'm so proud of you, sis."

I sighed, shrugging my shoulders "didn't really have much of a choice, thanks to Holly."

He sighed, his jaw clenching "Yes, I had a little talk with her about that." He licked his lips, raising his eyebrow. "Do you need me to come and pick you up later?"

I nodded my head. "Yeah, please. Around two?"

He nodded and I kissed his cheek. "See you later, Adam."

He smiled, nodding his head as I got out of the car and walked up to Jason's door. I knocked a few times and Alex opened up, his lips curving up into a smile "Hey, Iris. Come on in."

I smiled, walking inside, "Hey Alex."

He gave me a hug before pointing down the hallway, "Jason's in the game room."

I nodded, giving him a grateful smile before turning on my heel and walking towards the game room. I pushed open the brown door and stepped inside. I furrowed my eyebrows, hearing a girl's laughter. Walking further into the room, my eyes fell on Jason and Monique. They were sitting next to each other on the couch, X-box controllers laying on the floor while he tickled her stomach. I felt a weird burning sensation in my stomach, a feeling that made me feel nothing but hatred towards Monique.

It was weird, I had the desperate urge to drag her out of the room by her hair after stomping my foot on her face repeatedly - woah, that's a little too intense, Iris, chill your biscuits.

I cleared my throat, narrowing my eyes at them. Jason's gaze snapped to me and his eyes lightened up. He stood up from the couch, walking over to me, his face holding a warm, bright smile.

"Hey you." He greeted, his arms closing in on my waist, picking me up from the ground as his face buried itself in my neck.

"Hey."

I wrapped my arms around his shoulders, my gaze twitching to Monique for a second before I closed my eyes, burying my head in his neck. He smelt of fabric softener, cologne and cigarettes - a scent that was just too dreamy. He placed me steady on my feet, his fingers holding onto my chin as he tilted my head up, his lips meeting mine in a sweet, greeting kiss.

After a few moments we broke apart and he smiled down at me, his hands cupping my neck, warm thumbs stroking my jawline. "You didn't tell me you were coming.. I would've cleaned up a bit then." He said, motioning to his clothes which consisted of a black Jack Daniels t shirt and a grey pair of basketball shorts, his hair was also in that "just woke up, messy" mode. I shrugged, smiling softly at him.

"You don't have to.. There's something I need to tell you, that's why I'm here."

He raised his eyebrows, "Oh?"

I nodded, an excited smile breaking onto my face "Yep!"

He chuckled, his eyebrows furrowing at my excitement "Okay, let's talk in the kitchen." He said before picking me up and throwing me over his shoulder. I squealed, giggling at the same time as he carried me towards the kitchen. Once we got there, he placed me on the counter and walked over to the fridge.

"Something to drink, baby?"

I shook my head, "No thanks."

He nodded, pouring himself a glass of juice before he turned to me, leaning against the fridge with his eyebrow raised as he sipped on his juice.

"Those jeans are very tight." He stated, a small smirk on his face, his eyes traveling up and down my legs. I rolled my eyes, raising my eyebrow at him.

"Yes, they are and your point is?"

He chuckled, shaking his head "Nothing, I'm just saying.." He licked his lips, furrowing his eyebrows and taking another sip on his juice. "What did you wanna tell me?"

I smiled, biting my lip. "Are you free tonight?"

He smirked, his eyebrow raising again. "Why? Do you wanna take me out on a date?"

I laughed, shaking my head. "No.."

He chuckled, finishing his juice.

"...My parents want you to come over for dinner."

He choked on his juice, coughing hysterically and my eyes widened. I jumped off of the counter, walking over to him and rubbing his back. "Are you okay?"

He nodded, struggling to catch his breath as he placed his glass in the sink.

"D-did you just say, your parents want me over for dinner?" He asked, his eyes wide. I nodded, smiling softly at him.

"Yes, Jason. They know the truth and they wanna meet you."

He gulped, running his hands through his hair "Tonight?" I nodded and he did the same, beginning to pace the room. "Baby... This is a big deal."

He looked at me, his eyes filled with worry, "What if they don't like me?"

I sighed, grabbing his hand and pulling him closer to me so we were chest to chest "It doesn't matter if they like you or not, I love you and I'm just happy that I don't have to lie anymore. Aren't you?"

He nodded slowly, his eyes still worried "Yeah, okay."

I giggled, giving him a hug. I felt a smile tug at my lips as he nuzzled his head in my neck, he really is nervous, I can tell.

"Relax, Jase, it'll be fine." I reassured him, caressing his back so he'd relax.

He sighed, holding onto me tighter. "I hope you're right, baby."

____________________________
-Sam ❤️