c h a p t e r 7

VII
u n r e v i s e d
________________
Hit that STAR to vote!
Follow me for more!

I sat comfortably on the sofa, watching my little cousins play around in front of the tv. I glanced at the time on the clock, seeing it was 11:15am. My mom walked in from the kitchen and looked at me, "Iris, why don't you take your cousins to the park?"

All three of their heads snapped up after she said that and I groaned "Mom, no! I would never survive that!"

She smiled, "Yes, you would. Kids, go put on your shoes." They all stood up and
scurried away to put on their shoes.

"Mooom, whyyy can't Hollllyyy goooo?" I whined stomping my foot as I stood up. She gave me a look and I sighed.

"Fine." I walked to the door and pulled it open, "KIDS, LET'S GO!"

...

"Iris, look how high I can go! " Lola exclaimed as she swung on the swing. I smiled, nodding my head "I see you, Lola."

Lola was the youngest one of the three, which was four years old. The other two were twins, like me and Gabby but they were a boy and a girl, Jody and Jenna, both of them are seven. They were playing on the slide while Lola came walking over to me.

"Can I go play on that one?" She asked, pointing to the jungle bars. I nodded, picking her up and walking her over there. I placed her on one of it and she started swinging forward. As she did that, I took a look around the park, seeing mostly mothers here with their toddler children. I looked over at the mini skateboarding side that was a couple of feet away. I saw a blonde girl, wearing shorts and a crop top talking to a guy who leaned against the ramp. My heart skipped a beat when I noticed the guy was Jason. I turned away, hoping he wouldn't see me.

"Lola, how about we go over there?" I asked, pointing to a random thing that was far away from this side of the park.

She nodded, "Okay."

I picked her up and carried her over to that ride. I felt a stare on me but I decided not to turn around in case it was him
looking at me. I placed Lola securely on the round-a-bout before slowly beginning to turn it.

She giggled "This is fun!"

I smiled, nodding my head "It is, isn't it?"

She threw her head back as her hair blew in the wind. I sighed, looking over at Jody and Jenna, they were still doing okay on the slide. I took a quick glance towards where Jason was standing earlier and saw he was gone. I assumed he went home but I was wrong.

"Hello, princess."

I jumped hearing his voice before I turned around to face him

"Hey."

He smiled, his cute smile that made my knees weak. "What are you doing here?"

I shrugged, motioning to Lola "My mom made me bring my cousins."

He nodded, licking his lips "Oh, cool."

I nodded, looking down at his arms that were visible due to his v-neck. Whenever I saw him, he wore a jacket, so this was the first time I got to see his arms that were full of tattoos. I wanted to look at them longer, run my fingers over his arms while I observed every tattoo he got. But I didn't wanna seem weird so I looked at Lola again. "What are
you doing here?" I asked, not looking at him.

"Just came to hang out and um.. Talk to some people."

Some girls.

I thought to myself but didn't say anything, I just nodded "Cool."