c h a p t e r 27

XXVII
u n r e v i s e d
_______
Hit that STAR to vote!
Follow me for more (:

"La, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la." The choir practiced their vocals as I dusted off the benches.

"Again." My mom said, motioning for them to start over, like a choir master should. I was just done with the final row of benches when I placed the duster into the cupboard.

"Iris!"

I furrowed my eyebrows, turning around. A cute boy my age with green eyes and brown hair that fell across his forehead stood behind me with a bright, white toothed smile that made his dimple on his left cheek pop.

"Hey." He said, taking a step closer to me. I stared at him, he looked oddly familiar but I couldn't place my finger on it. He chuckled. "You don't remember me, do you?"

I giggled, my cheeks flushing as I shook my head, "No, I'm sorry.. You look familiar but.." I shook my head, feeling like an idiot. He chuckled.

"That's okay, it's me, Enzo- Enzo Cook."

My eyes widened and a gasp escaped my lips. "Enzo?"

He grinned "You remember now?"

I grinned, nodding my head, "Yes, yes of course I do!"

"Well then come over here and give me a hug!" He grinned, opening up his arms. I giggled, jumping into them and wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Oh, I missed you so much." He mumbled, holding onto me tight and lifting me from the floor.

"I missed you too." I said as he placed me back onto my feet. I furrowed my eyebrows, "What are you doing here? I thought you were gonna stay in Canada until you're finished with high school."

He shook his head, "No, my parents and I missed home too much, we decided that I'd finish high school back here, at home."

I smiled, "So, how was Canada? Any fun stories to tell me?"

He chuckled, nodding his head. "Oh yes, plenty. Come on, let's go outside."

He took my hand leading me out. My mom looked back at me with a smile, she knew about this all along.

...

"Give me those!" I said, taking off his Ray Bans that he had recently put on and placed them over my eyes."It's night time, why would you wanna wear these?"

He shrugged, a smirk playing on his lips. "To look cool, obviously."

I giggled, pouting my lips "How do I look? Cool enough for you?" He chuckled, nodding his head and pushing some hair out of my face before pinching my cheek.

""Yeah, real cool." I smiled, my cheeks flushing before I took the shades off, handing them back to him. He took them, placing them on his shirt.

"So, how have things been with you?"

I smiled, "They've been good, great, actually."

He raised his eyebrow, "Yeah? Please elaborate."

I giggled, looking away from him. My eyebrows furrowed when I saw a familiar, white Ferrari pulling into a parking space of the church. The car stopped and the lights turned off before someone stepped out. My eyes widened when I realised it was Jason. I cleared my throat.

"Um. Enzo, I'll be right back."

He furrowed his eyebrows before nodding his head "Okay."

I got up from the rock Enzo and I were sitting on and made my way over to him. Jason leaned against the hood of his car, his arms held in front of his stomach as he watched me walk over to him.

"Hey.. What are you doing here?" I said, stepping in front of him, a small smile on my face.

He licked his lips, "I came to see my girl, isn't that okay?"

I giggled, my cheeks heating up. "How'd you know I was here?"

He smiled, grabbing my hand and pulling me in between his legs. "You told me that you always went with your mom to choir practice on Wednesday nights."

I nodded, "Oh, right."

He bit his lip, holding my chin in between his thumb and index finger, "Where's my kiss?"

I giggled, my cheeks heating up some more before I leaned in and placed my lips on his. He wrapped his arms around my waist, holding me against his firm chest while his lips moulded perfectly with mine. I pulled away slowly and he smiled, leaning his forehead onto mine. "I missed you."

I giggled, "You saw me at school."

He shrugged, twirling a piece of my hair around his finger. "I know but I still missed you."

I smiled, burying my head in his neck and wrapping my arms around his torso, "I missed you too."

I looked up at him to see him staring at the church with furrowed eyebrows "Who's that guy you were talking to?"

I bit my lip, "His name is Enzo, his parents are members of the church and also good friends of my parents. I've practically known him all my life, he's just come back from a trip to Canada with his parents so that he could finish school here."

He bit his lip, nodding his head before looking at me. "Does he know I'm your boyfriend?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, pulling back from him before smirking.

"Jason McCann!" I folded my arms across my chest, "Are you jealous?"

"What?" He scoffed, shaking his head "Fuck no."

I giggled, cupping his cheeks "No need to get all aggro, Jase, it was just a question." I smirked. "You know. If it looks like jealous, and it smells like jealous then it must
be.. Jealousy."

He rolled his eyes, chuckling slightly before raising his eyebrows, "Should I be jealous?"

I shrugged, still smirking. "Are you jealous?"

He sighed, pulling me closer to him again. "Maybe, just a little bit."

I smiled, shaking my head and burying it in his neck "You don't have to be, you're the only guy I've ever wanted and will ever want."

He smiled, tightening his grip on me, leaving a kiss in my neck "Okay." He chuckled, "But I still want you to tell him you have a boyfriend and that he is very, VERY over-protective over his baby girl."

I giggled, my cheeks burning "Alright I'Il tell him."

He smiled, kissing my cheek. "Good."

___________________
thank you guys <3

-Sam