Chapter four

The group split up from each other, Minho went with Thomas further into the building. Piper rustled through all kinds of clothing as she pulled a backpack from the pile before rustling through other stuff, grabbing a black jacket as she spotted a sports bra, grabbing it before looking around and stuffing herself in a corner, her back turned to the others. 

She undressed and dressed herself as quickly as she could. Even if none of the boys would ever harm her, well, she didn't know Aris, but the others would protect her, she was a bit conscious as she pulled the sports bra over her body. When the fabric was on her skin, she felt much safer than before, knowing she would be able to run more easily. She than pulled the shirt over her head and pulled the jacket on as she turned to the others again, helping them with grabbing more supplies. 

She could hear Teresa gasp as Newt turned to her, his accent obvious as Teresa turned to him. ''You alright?'' 

''I'm fine.'' She went on as Newt walked next to Piper, their flashlights shining around the building. They were busy with loading their bags with various things such as bottles with water, left-over food and other stuff. She could see Teresa also changing her clothes in the corner, getting rid of the clothes WICKED put her in when she was put to sleep. 

''What?'' She turned to Frypan and Newt, a smile on her face as they had caught Frypan staring. She smirked as she signed towards him. ''Come on Fry, we all know she and Thomas are together.'' The two boys chuckled at the girl as they went on. 

Piper pushed her hair into a ponytail, trying her best to collect all strings around her face as her fingers grazed the area around the apparent tattoo on her neck. She pushed a second hair-tie around her wrist in case the one she had right one would snap. Just as she was finished, a loud sound went though the building as lights around them switched on. 

She lowered her flashlight as she turned to Newt. ''What happened?'' 

''I wouldn't know.'' He shrugged as he spoke, the group meeting somewhere in the middle, all of them looking at each other for an answer. Her head turned to the sound of Thomas' screams coming from behind her. She could see him and Minho running towards them, screaming at them to run before multiple figures appeared behind them. Piper's eyes widened before she pulled on Newt's arm, if they told her to run, she would. ''Move!''

''Ah shit.'' Minho and Thomas caught up with the group, obviously faster them them as Minho turned up next to Piper, who was still pulling on Newt's arm so she wouldn't lose him. ''Get outta here!''

''Thomas, Minho,what the hell are those things?'' Frypan yelled at them as the group rushed up the elevator. Jack pushed everyone on as Frypan was the last one to get up. ''I don't know. Just keep going!'' Minho called back as their heads turned to the sound of Jack's screams. The boy was being pulled back down by two of the unknown creatures before he fell down, calling out for Frypan. 

The older boy tried to pull him back up but the weight of three was too much for the glass as it fell, taking Jack and the two creatures with it. ''Jack!'' Piper saw Minho and Winston downstairs again, pulling on Frypan's arms as he rushed up with them. 

Piper was at the front, having to let go of Newt's arm, the adrenaline in her body pushing her to keep running. It was almost like she was back in the Maze, running away from the Grievers as her body turned and twisted around objects and through doors. ''Where the hell are we gonna go?'' 

Her path was suddenly blocked as a creature tackled her to the ground. The girl giving a silent yell as she tried to avoid the zombie-like creatures hands trying to claw at her. A bat swung above her head, pushing the creature of her as Aris pulled her up , pushing her towards the steps as Minho pulled on her hand, holding it as she gave a 'thank you' sign towards Aris. ''She says thank you!'' Minho yelled as they ran up. ''You're welcome, I guess!'' The group has rushed up the steps and was now running ahead as the creatures yelled behind them.