Chapter one

Newt was up front as he led the group of six through the basement hallways until they ended at a small, unmarked door. The latch and padlock had been broken off long ago and Newt bent down and opened the little door and crawled through before Piper followed him. She was happy she was a late-bloomer as the guys were already struggling to get through the small passagers barely wider than their hips, Piper on the other hand, had it pretty easily.

The ritual was more for Newt than for them, as he wanted to go and see his little sister, Lizzy, or now known as Sonya. It was something Piper understood very well, while Newt could go back and visit his little sister, Piper could not go and see her older brother, as WICKED had not taken him with them. And so, the two had both filled a hole for the other, taking on the big brother, little sister roles for each other. 

After about half an hour they reached their destination, a loft of sorts dotted with dirty windows overlooking a huge barrack full of bunks. ''They call us Group A,'' Alby explained. ''And this is Group B. We're all boys, except for Piper, They're all girls, except for Jonathan. How Aris and Teresa here fit into all of that, I don't get. I mean, I guess it makes sense to seperate us. Who knows.'' 

''So you guys live in a place like this?'' Teresa asked as she looked around. ''Yep.'' Minho answered as he nodded his head. ''I think I could handle transferring to Group B, though. Someone remind me to put in a request.''

''You are not leaving me.'' Piper scolded him as she crossed her arms over her chest, glaring at the boy who quickly raised his hands. ''Right, right, sorry.'' 

''Okay ... why are we ... '' Thomas trailed of as Piper looked at him. ''Special?'' She questioned as he nodded. ''That's what we hope to find out from you.'' 

''Looks like you know more than us.'' Teresa spoke and Piper couldn't help but smile, hiding it from the others not to pull attention. She saw Newt looking out of the window, probably staring at Lizzy as Piper's smile fell. Even though she knew she wasn't Newt's sister, she definitely felt like his sister and it made her slightly jealous.

''We better not push our luck tonight.'' Alby spoke as his eyes trailed over the group. ''Let's go get some shut-eye until the wake-up, then do this all again tomorrow. What do you say?'' Everyone agreed, Piper even yawned as Newt quickly kept her upright, letting her rest her head on his shoulder, all jealousy disappearing.  

The group of four was still waiting for Thomas and Teresa as Piper sat against Newt's side as he played with her hair, the two of them watching Minho and Alby wrestling in the maintenance room. Piper laughed as she cheered for Minho to 'kick Alby's butt' as Newt was on Alby's side. 

The door opened, letting Thomas and Teresa in as Alby let out a whooping laugh when he pulled a move that flipped Minho onto his back with a grunt. ''Not this time, sucker!'' He yelled as he pressed his forearm into Minho's chest and Newt slapped the floor three times, ending the game as Alby jumped up, arms raised in victory as Piper shook her head. ''Really Minho? I had ten on you.'' 

''All right then,'' Newt said, stretching his arms over his head as Minho pulled Piper to her feet. ''Let's get on with it, shall we?'' 

''What's the big surprise tonight? Where're we going?'' Newt looked up to the ceiling as Alby pulled Piper to her feet ''Well, we've pretty much been from one end of this place to the other.'' She spoke as she dusted her jeans of. 

''Tommy?'' Newt stared at Thomas with his eyebrows raised, leading to the other three of the group to turn to Thomas and Teresa. ''Sorry.'' Thomas said as he looked at them embarrassed. ''Wandered off there for a second. What'd you say?''  Newt shook his head as he took the lead. ''Try to keep up, Tommy. Are you ready to see the great outdoors?''