Chapter one

''There, that's it.'' Thomas pointed at the map as Vince, Newt, Piper, Brenda and Frypan stood around him. ''It's a few hundred miles. Based on the railways, everything that Piper and Aris told us, that's gotta be where they're headed. That's where they're taking Minho. We take everyone who can fight. Follow the roads where we can. We can make it back within a week.''

''A week?'' He pushed his finger on the table as he leaned closer to Thomas. ''It took us six months to get here. We got over 100 kids here now. We can't just hang out here forever after what we just pulled. You wanna wander off to some random point on the map. You don't even know what's there.''

''Minho's there, that's enough for me.'' Piper spoke as she crossed her arms over her chest, leaning back against her chair ''And I do.'' Her head turned to Jorge as he walked into the tent. ''It's been a few years, but I've been there. The Last City. That's what WICKED called it. It was their whole base of operations. If that city is still standing, that's the last place you wanna go, hermano. That's the lion's den.''

''It's nothing we haven't done before.'' Thomas shrugged. ''Yeah, with months of planning, and reliable information, the element of surprise, none of which we have now.''

''Vince, I've thought this through. Would you just hear me out?''

''The last time we went off half-cocked... I lost everything. You remember that?'' Piper sighed as she shook her head at him, remembering the past six months with WICKED. ''Look, I know it's Minho. All right? But you can't ask me to put those kids on the line for one man. I won't do it.'' 

Piper looked at Thomas, a silent understanding between the two as she nodded at him. ''Searching the grid now.'' Newt and Piper each turned to the radio on the side, taping WICKED's communication. ''A is completed. Scanning B-sector now.''

''Shit. Hit the lights.'' Everyone scattered as Piper just sat there, not knowing what to do in the base. ''Let's go, let's go!'' 

Neither Thomas or Piper went to sleep that night, grabbing everything they needed to get Minho out. They creeped out in the middle of the night, stepping up the stairs as the two Runners looked at each other. ''You got everything?'' She nodded as she followed him. ''Of course I do.''

''Okay, let's go.''

''Where do you think you're going then?'' Newt stood in front of them, switching on the light as he smirked at them. 

''Newt...'' Thomas began as Piper stood with a smile on her face, happy to have him with her. 

''Don't be a twat about it. I'm already in.'' He grabbed the bag from Thomas' hand as he turned to the car. ''Come on.''  

''No. No, not this time.'' Newt threw the bag inside as he turned back to Thomas. ''Look, even if we find Minho, there's no guarantee we make it back from this.''

''Well, you'll need all the help you can get then, won't you?'' He threw open the front door, relieving Frypan behind the wheel. 

''Well, we started this together

''Well, we started this together. May as well end it that way, too.'' Piper looked at the two as she nodded with a smile on her face. ''Let's get him back than, shall we?'' She walked around as she threw open the door, planting herself in the seat as she gave Frypan a clap on the shoulder. ''Good to have you back Pipes.''

''Good to be back.'' 

Piper slept for quite a while, jerking awake as she panted. Newt turned to her from besides her, placing a hand on her knee as he tilted his head. ''Just a bad dream.'' He turned his body to her, silently asking her to tell him. ''It was about what I went through in there.'' She swallowed past the lump in her throat as she looked at him. 

---Six months ago---

Piper leaned her body against the wall she was sitting next to. Her hair was out of it's usual ponytail as it was lazily hanging next to her face, soft curls visible as she sat there. ''Piper?'' Her head snapped up, seeing Minho standing there before he began to ran towards her. She jumped up, meeting him in the middle as he took her in her arms, holding her tightly as he could feel her breath in his neck. 

He pulled back, looking at her beaten-up face, a cut on her cheek as he waved his finger over it. ''What did they do to you?'' She chuckled as she placed her hand on top of his. ''It appears I have a big mouth when I'm not mute.'' He chuckled as he pulled her into a kiss. ''Guess we're alike in that -- '' He was suddenly pulled away, a Griever behind him as Piper screamed. The boy disappeared as the Griever came after her. 

Her eyes widened as she began to run the opposite way, running through the dark hall as the sound of the Griever was obviously behind her, shrieking at the girl as it caught onto her shirt. She screamed as she was pulled towards the Griever, looking right in it's eyes as she struggled against the grip while the Griever's tentacle moved closer and closer until she heard a voice coming from the darkness. ''Okay, get her out.'' 

Her eyes snapped open as she screamed at the doctors. ''Get me out! Get me out!'' Tears slipped from her eyes as the restrains on her arms were untied as she pulled her body towards herself. Her head snapped up at one of the doctors, hatred filling her eyes. ''Leave my friends out of this!'' 

''We can't.'' Her head turned to Ava Paige as she walked in. ''They give our best responses and so, we will continue to use them against you.'' Her head turned again, looking at Teresa as she stepped into the room. ''Get out you shucking traitor!'' She jumped at her as two guards quickly grabbed her arms to hold her back. ''Let me go! Let me the shuck go!'' 

''Sedate her.'' Ava looked at the girl as she fell limp in the arms of the doctor. ''Put her back in.'' She started to walk away before turning around again. ''Go in even harder. It'll teach her a lesson.'' 

I wanted to show what WICKED had put both Piper and Minho through in those six months and this is only a small part of it, so I cannot wait for you to read the rest. Hope you enjoyed and if you did, please leave a vote, comment and add this book to your reading list to stay updated of when I post. See you on Wednesday!

-X Violet's-library